Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Door Handles
Are the focus door handles for 05-07 the same as those for the 00-04 gen?
If so how much do they cost pre-painted in cd silver?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
I don't think even the SVT come pre-painted

For those you will have to go to Mazda and get some Tribute handles not sure the model year range, but i know 04's have them for sure

Also try the wreckers! will be much cheaper!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
but they do fit each other right?

(they look exactly the same in pictures of focus 00-04 and focus 05-07)

...actually i already bought 4 at mazda for the 04 tribute but the guy failed to tell me they had stopped pre-painting them and so when i went to pick up my order, only the 4 triangular bezel were painted and the 4 actual handles were not....

he offered a discount as a result and since i had to decide on the spot i decided to go for it and paint them myself....how hard could it be.

After spending hours and hours and cans of paint...they came out alright but not as nice as the pre-painted bezels. After installing them i ran into trouble with the rubber cushion that goes behind all 4 door handles as those needed to be painted as well (and painting rubber is a lot harder cuz it started to scrap off on the edges when installed the door handles).

Last winter during one of the freezing ice rainstorms the paint on one of the door handles chipped off so i had to use touch up paint to cover it up.

Overall....i wouldn't have taken that discount and gone through all this work to paint them myself. I love the pre-painted quality as those are glossy and perfect but the DIY paint is slightly off colour and obviously the clearcoat isn't as good or as glossy as factory.

So now i am entertaining the idea of buying another 4 door handles only if they are factory painted.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Ya they are the same see if ZTWsquared will price you out some.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Handles oldeguy 16 4,456 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Last Post: cornflakes
  Body Colour Matched Door Handles cornflakes 10 2,762 10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Anyone Painted There Door Handles? castone 8 2,308 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Last Post: castone
  Painting Door Handles Mach5 10 2,334 10-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Zoom