Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil Light
That evil light on the instrument panel , you know, the one with the old fashioned looking engine decided it needed to light up my life last night. Car is missing it's shift points ( automatic) and idles a little high, around 1,000 rpm. This happened last year, after I cleaned the air filter, and it resolved after a fellow FC.net member cleaned the MAF sensor. Does anyone know where I can get the proper toll to remove the MAF sensor screws? If that doesn't work, I'll get an OBD2 read.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 23 2008, 08:56 AM Wrote:That evil light on the instrument panel , you know, the one with the old fashioned looking engine decided it needed to light up my life last night. Car is missing it's shift points ( automatic) and idles a little high, around 1,000 rpm. This happened last year, after I cleaned the air filter, and it resolved after a fellow FC.net member cleaned the MAF sensor. Does anyone know where I can get the proper toll to remove the MAF sensor screws? If that doesn't work, I'll get an OBD2 read.
[right][snapback]264932[/snapback][/right]

you can get them at crappy tire. It's just a safety torx bit (a T20 I think).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

id think smaller than a T20 maybe even a T15 but yaa thats all good luck on finding a single one they usally come in sets
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
i have the security bit and some cleaner, i just did mine the other day

so if you want to swing by it'll only take a few minutes
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Princess Auto has a little set of security bits, 20 or so, the slotted T20 is in there, runs about $15-20. Comes in a little red rubber case.
canadian tire has this..

Tamper-Proof TORX

$29.99

Product #25-6272-8

Features

Popular sizes for specialized tamper-proof star fasteners found on radios, instrument mountings and other applications
Includes handy storage/organizer tray

[Image: 0256272_450_CC_4954d.jpg]

however, I bought a mastercraft bit set with a tiny, open-ended socket wrench -- the kit cost maybe $30 at the most and came with the assortment of bits including tamper-proof torx.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

The problem has been solved, thanks to a fellow Durham Region FC.net member, SL8RZZX3. Nice car, by the way...... :D
I'll pick up a set before I clean the filter again. Thanks Gentlemen for all your assistance.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....