Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking Rims For Your Car
Before they are on your car? I've been to a site where they have a pic of your car and you can put on whatever rims they sell. Personally I like black rims but with their software the black did not look good on my silver wagon.
Any suggestions, ideas or pics of rims on Foci would be appreciated.

I'm looking at 17x7 rims with 45 series tires. I went to 23 tire in mississauga but the more rims I saw the more confused I got.

Thanks
i recommend going to the 'members ride' section of this website and other focus specific sites like focaljet.com to view pictures of wheels on your color car

also, personally.. i like my wheels to be as close to the factory offset as possible and as light as possible.. i bet you if you exclude wheels that are heavier than your current wheels and far from the factory offset, you would eliminate most of the wheels on the market

offset and weight are key when choosing a wheel.. they are just as important as the diameter, width and bolt pattern
Get a perfect side shot of your car and shots of all the rims you want to see and post em'
I'll chop them together for you.

ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:Get a perfect side shot of your car and shots of all the rims you want to see and post em'
I'll chop them together for you.
[right][snapback]263803[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the offer Anthony but I took naz's advice and checked the FFanatics member pics and I know that black wheels are out of the question. At least I've narrowed that down.
tirerack has a decent mock program for rims/wheels too.
Ok, so I have narrowed my search finally. The rims I like are MSR style 138's but they are 7.5" wide. I have read the wheel and tire sticky thread but will this extra 1/2" or 12mm roughly cause the tires to rub the fenders?
excalibur,May 7 2008, 04:22 PM Wrote:Ok, so I have narrowed my search finally.  The rims I like are MSR style 138's but they are 7.5" wide.  I have read the wheel and tire sticky thread but will this extra 1/2" or 12mm roughly cause the tires to rub the fenders?
[right][snapback]263809[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I had 1/2" wider rims (16 x 7.5) with no issues with the stock 16" tires and no issues so I can't see the 17"s being an issue :unsure:

NefCanuck
excalibur,May 7 2008, 05:22 PM Wrote:Ok, so I have narrowed my search finally.  The rims I like are MSR style 138's but they are 7.5" wide.  I have read the wheel and tire sticky thread but will this extra 1/2" or 12mm roughly cause the tires to rub the fenders?
[right][snapback]263809[/snapback][/right]
I think you need to figure in the offset before you can definitively answer this question.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *