Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next-generation Mazdaspeed6 Unlikely
Next-generation Mazdaspeed6 unlikely
November 29,2007
Source: Leftlanenews

With the launch of the next-generation Mazda6 right around the corner, it has been revealed that the performance Mazdaspeed6 version probably won't see production. The current Mazdaspeed6 offers a good all-around performance package, but hasn't seen the sales volume Mazda expected.

Another challenge for a Mazdaspeed version of the 6 is that the U.S. will actually be getting a larger version of the car than the rest of the world, which would translated into a more costly development process. The combination of these two factors makes it almost certain that there won't be any future Mazdaspeed6s.

Mazda already announced that it would suspend Mazdaspeed6 production for 2008.

However, the new Mazda6 promises to be more refined than the outgoing model — and could even see the 3.7L V6 from the CX-9 — so the lack of a Mazdaspeed version might be easier to overlook.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I wonder when mazda is going to drop their prices on their speed versions.

Theres almost a 10K difference between the US and CDN ms3, like, no s*** you arent selling these. :rolleyes:

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
for those looking for the focus ST to come to North America, your chance to get it's sibling is quickly fading....

Another reason the ST/RS will never come north america side...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

that's too bad i thought the mazdaspeed6 was a good concept. too bad it is slower than its 276hp would lead you to believe