Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oem Headunit
Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket HU for my '07 ST and won't be needing my OEM.
So, is 225$ asking too much? My friend has a 2003 F-150 and is considering my HU because he wants MP3 capability.
I know it will "fit" but just wondering about harness.
I might put it up for sale in the 4sale thread.

Cheers.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I am not interested but I think what your asking for is a bit much. You can get a half decent aftermarket unit for less than that, IMO.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I haven't seen anyone sell one of these so thats why I was asking about the price.
I know I would not got too low below the 200$ range.
Just gotta find the right buyer who wants the oem look + mp3 + 6CD ability.

with the advent USB and Ipod enabled Head units for less than 200 bucks.. a six disc changer is only going to sell to the guy who went out and bought all his books on tape on cd and dons't know how to convert them to mp3 or 3gp and is pissed at the fact that his lincoln lhs only came with a cd player...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
Well, in that case, I'm just gonna keep it and if I sell the car some day, it'll go back in it.

ZED_not_zee,Nov 15 2007, 11:19 PM Wrote:with the advent USB and Ipod enabled Head units for less than 200 bucks.. a six disc changer is only going to sell to the guy who went out and bought all his books on tape on cd and dons't know how to convert them to mp3 or 3gp and is pissed at the fact that his lincoln lhs only came with a cd player...
[right][snapback]252932[/snapback][/right]
Not necessarily true about the 6-disc part. While I think $200 is a bit high (since you cannot transfer the steering wheel controls) personally I have 6 CDs in the player with 110-130 songs in MP3 each, as well as another 8 CDs in the holder. That's about 4Gb of MP3s in the deck and another 8Gb outside -- total about half my music collection; plus the deck will read RWs so I keep the latest stuff on that.

At any rate; I have an MP3 player, barely use it (I have my PSP too), I don't load up the player every 2 days so it's not that important to me to keep changing up the selection on even a monthly basis. I've had the same discs in there for about a year now.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Amen, I only change the stuff in my changer by maybe one disk full of mp3's every few months (though I did order about a dozen new CD's yesterday so I'll be spending the latter half of my weekend ripping & burning once they arrive)

NefCanuck
id give away my 00 stock radio for $20 bucks not $200 lol
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped