Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerworks Help!
Hey guys I'm having a fuel problem with my powerworks kit. It happens when I take a hard & fast on ramp turn. The car bogs it's losing fuel, the fuel goes to one side and starves the motor. Does any one else have this problem?? and whats the fix.

thanks
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
I don't have this problem with my P/W; I recommend you attempt some hard ramp cornering with a full tank to rule out fuel slosh.
It sounds like fuel pressure issues; a fuel pressure gauge will help to track pressure variances. Perhaps a new fuel pump is in order, or perhaps a Boost-a Pump.
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/boost.../boostapump.htm
sweetg,Nov 4 2007, 11:18 AM Wrote:Hey guys I'm having a fuel problem with my powerworks kit. It happens when I take a hard & fast on ramp turn. The car bogs it's losing fuel, the fuel goes to one side and starves the motor. Does any one else have this problem?? and whats the fix.

thanks
[right][snapback]252187[/snapback][/right]
Do you have traction control?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
00 & 01 Focus have a TSB on the fuel pump. 10 years unlimited millage.

Ford bulletin
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
There are TSB's like that for the S197 Mustang too...think I'm going to get mine checked...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I don't know what was the year of his car but my 00 ZX3 with 190K on it just got the pump replaced under warranty and I wasn't the original owner.. :P
yea that's totally a recall if the ford dealer fights you on it just push back I had mine replaced wasn't the first owner and bought her in Toronto (I live in Windsor) had it fixed locally but I made the service managers head roll.. lol
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
It only happens with 1/2 tank and down so it is a slosh effect problem anyone make performance tanks
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
Drop the tank, stick a couple of these in there.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...inresults=false
02ztsian,Dec 9 2007, 06:29 PM Wrote:Drop the tank, stick a couple of these in there.
[right][snapback]254179[/snapback][/right]

Thats perfect thank u very much I have been having this problem for a while. How many of them do I need??
i'd get the recall fix first before going with other products. if anything when they drop the tank to get at the pump tell them to toss some of those foam bricks in then
naz,Dec 12 2007, 09:43 PM Wrote:i'd get the recall fix first before going with other products. [right][snapback]254555[/snapback][/right]
yep yep
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
sweetg,Dec 9 2007, 08:59 PM Wrote:
02ztsian,Dec 9 2007, 06:29 PM Wrote:Drop the tank, stick a couple of these in there.

Thats perfect thank u very much I have been having this problem for a while. How many of them do I need??
[right][snapback]254181[/snapback][/right]

I went to ford and they sayed if the car has been modified the recall wont be done.
sweetg,Dec 15 2007, 03:37 AM Wrote:I went to ford and they sayed if the car has been modified the recall wont be done.
[right][snapback]254660[/snapback][/right]

take it somewhere else. your mods are irrelevant and they are just using it as an excuse not to do the work.
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR give me your car... I'll take it to a dealer and get it done
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
sweetg,Dec 14 2007, 11:37 PM Wrote:
sweetg,Dec 9 2007, 08:59 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]254181[/snapback][/right]

I went to ford and they sayed if the car has been modified the recall wont be done.
[right][snapback]254660[/snapback][/right]

tell them to stop feeding you s***.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]