Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help I Need A Carpet Cleaner?
Well my mother is up here visiting from Vaancouver Island and she had to get one of those fandangled Starbucks coffe's. Long story short it ended up on the passenger side flooe and it has gone through the floor mat and is all on the carpet :o I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to remove the stain, I would guess a shampoo or something ? Should I rent a carpet cleaner or do I have to go to Ziebart or something. Please help my car smells like a really coffie shop.

Thanks in advance.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
try the automotive carpet cleaners you cam get at CT, if that dont work, rent one of those capert shampooers and go to town lol
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Check out 303 Cleaner Products.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Any of the chemical carpet cleaners should be able to do the job. Spray it on, use a small scrub brush, and it should come out. If that doesn't get it all, go rent a carpet machine from the Grocery store, with an upholstery attachment, spray a spot remover on it, then brush it a bit, and then use the machine to clean the mat and carpet. It should be enough. If it isn't, you could try spraying Windex on it, let it soak for a bit then continue with the machine. Then, spray Teflon on the carpets. I'm not an Auto Detailer, but, part of my employment involves cleaning carpets.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I use Brisol carpet cleaner, if its bad, i use my steam cleaner.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Well since there was o whole cup of coffe spilt on the floor i need a carpet cleaner, like the bisel. I called around and the cheapest rental is about $50 with shampoo, I called a couple of auto detailing shops and I was told between $30 and $150 :blink: I think I'm going to just buy a little carpet cleaner , like the bisel at crappy tire for $100 and then my wife can clean up her mess of a car <_<
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I have a Bissel Little Green Machine. Works wonders on stuff like that!

To touch it up after, try some Follex, available at CT as well.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
A carpet cleaner will wwork just fine.

A great cleaner for any stain is Spot Shot. it's hard ti find, but I think Home Depot sells it. Great stuff.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I've got a Bissell Little Green with heat and Bissell's Meguiars branded quik out I believe it's called works wonders and keeps the carpets looking new after vacuuming.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Oct 11 2007, 08:36 PM Wrote:I've got a Bissell Little Green with heat and Bissell's Meguiars branded quik out I believe it's called works wonders and keeps the carpets looking new after vacuuming.
[right][snapback]250777[/snapback][/right]

So do you want to help me clean my carpets :D I'll bring the beer :P
I use 'resolve' foaming carpet cleaner for both my home carpet and car carpet. I spray it on, use a scrub brush to work it in the carpet, wait like 1hr to let it dry and vacuum. that should be good enough... you should try that before dropping $$ to rent a steamer
naz,Oct 11 2007, 09:26 PM Wrote:I use 'resolve' foaming carpet cleaner for both my home carpet and car carpet.  I spray it on, use a scrub brush to work it in the carpet, wait like 1hr to let it dry and vacuum.  that should be good enough... you should try that before dropping $$ to rent a steamer
[right][snapback]250781[/snapback][/right]

I got that stuff im going to try it tonight. Should I over aplly the product? Or just follow the instructions?
Use oxy clean and warm water....

then shop-vac.
Canadian ST,Oct 11 2007, 10:41 AM Wrote:Well my mother is up here visiting from Vaancouver Island and she had to get one of those fandangled Starbucks coffe's. Long story short it ended up on the passenger side flooe and it has gone through the floor mat and is all on the carpet :o I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to remove the stain, I would guess a shampoo or something ? Should I rent a carpet cleaner or do I have to go to Ziebart or something. Please help my car smells like a really coffie shop.

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]250694[/snapback][/right]
Do you think she did it on purpose, payback from all the times you spilt stuff in her car when you were growing up? Just kidding.
K&N Filter.....
Canadian ST,Oct 12 2007, 01:33 AM Wrote:
naz,Oct 11 2007, 09:26 PM Wrote:I use 'resolve' foaming carpet cleaner for both my home carpet and car carpet.  I spray it on, use a scrub brush to work it in the carpet, wait like 1hr to let it dry and vacuum.  that should be good enough... you should try that before dropping $$ to rent a steamer
[right][snapback]250781[/snapback][/right]

I got that stuff im going to try it tonight. Should I over aplly the product? Or just follow the instructions?
[right][snapback]250783[/snapback][/right]

i wouldn't go too crazy or else it will totally soak the carpet and it will take forever to dry. i would apply enough to coat the area, scrub it, dry, vacuum and then repeat if needed
OR Go to starbucks, order many coffees and start pouring. You'll have a beige interior.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
Depending on how much was spilled you may have to pull up the carpet and try to dry off the insulation under the carpet. That stuff can realy hold moisture.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
snorcus,Oct 15 2007, 04:37 PM Wrote:OR Go to starbucks, order many coffees and start pouring.  You'll have a beige interior.
[right][snapback]251031[/snapback][/right]
Beige sucks
K&N Filter.....
snorcus,Oct 15 2007, 04:37 PM Wrote:OR Go to starbucks, order many coffees and start pouring.  You'll have a beige interior.
[right][snapback]251031[/snapback][/right]

I couldnt get a loan so I'll have to settle for just one spilt coffe