Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Svt Eap Rims And Rubber Installed
naz,Jul 18 2007, 02:16 PM Wrote:looking good! are you really going to corner weigh the car twice are year when you adjust the ride height?  save the $ and just get lowering springs and matched dampers..

congrats on the wheels looking good..
[right][snapback]244307[/snapback][/right]

If I've got to go through THAT... HELL NO. Springs and dampers it is.

Thanks for the heads-up man.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've been driving on coilovers for 2+ yrs now and that includes winters and i haven't had any problem with them. Now i do realize we prolly get less snow down in southern ontario than up in the northern regions. And i've only got my coilovers down about an inch altho i keep saying i'm gonna drop it some more, maybe any 1/2 - 3/4 inch.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Car looks good Adam!

Hoping that they all went on without a hitch? How does the car feel in your hands, and in general now? Any vibration or anything?

I saw you mentioned that they feel lighter than the 16's that were on your car, which sounds good to me. How was your cruise? The car must feel like a different animal to some extent with those tires...I know that that rim/tire combo, paired up with the SHM/Multimatic suspension kit, my ZX3 was a force to be reckoned with when it came to steering and handling...the ricers here in Pet COULD NOT keep up or outmanouver me...hehehe

Well, like I said, looks good, and let us know what happens next...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Oh yeah, I forgot...I saw the car that those rims came off of on the way back to Pet...lol! He was at someone's house on the main road in Deep River...

:ph34r:
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
The car's looking great NOS! I wish I had a set tho... :ph34r:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 18 2007, 06:20 PM Wrote:If I've got to go through THAT... HELL NO. Springs and dampers it is.

Thanks for the heads-up man.
[right][snapback]244309[/snapback][/right]

to be fair, i should add that i have never personally owned coilovers or gone through the corner weighing process, but based on my discussions with others at track schools/autoX i gather that ride height adjustability is NOT the big deal, it is the ability to adjust the corner weights so equalize the loads on the tires.. it is possible if you just drop the car to 'make it look cool' you could mess up the way the tires are loaded and make the car handle worse than stock.. also, if you use a cheap sleeve type coilover, the locking mechanism just might not be up to the task to handle the cornering loads you put on the car, especially if you have good tires and drive hard

here's an example article you might want to look at

http://ezinearticles.com/?Coilover-Suspens...d-Cons&id=12461

i think for most ppl purchasing suspension adjustability is really a waste of money (because we wouldn't know what to do with all those variables we can change) better to purchase a matched set that has been engineered for the specific application by people who know a lot more tech than we do...

EDIT: what tires are on those wheels? IMHO if it isn't a R compound or something close, don't bother changing the suspension :)
Flofocus,Jul 18 2007, 09:23 AM Wrote:I wouldnt go with a coilover for a dd setup.
[right][snapback]244279[/snapback][/right]

Just a question but why not? I have Daily Driven my coil-overs for over a year now with no problem.. up in the winter down in the spring...

and (even though I do) you don't have to corner weight it ...

Scales for rent BTW ;)
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
they look good nos, funny thing is they would have been mine back in Dec. if the price was not so high back then.... ahh well I'm happy with my 07 rims.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ZED_not_zee,Jul 19 2007, 12:50 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 18 2007, 09:23 AM Wrote:I wouldnt go with a coilover for a dd setup.

Just a question but why not? I have Daily Driven my coil-overs for over a year now with no problem.. up in the winter down in the spring...

Scales for rent BTW ;)
[right][snapback]244349[/snapback][/right]

I havent been in a coil over setup that was actually a nice ride. Maybe some here have that, but I doubt it, way to uncomfortable for me.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The tires are Fuzion ZRis so I doubt they're R-compund. They're nice and sticky though... let's just say I had a pulling match with inertia on the way home last night and I won. ;)

I'll likely go matched springs and dampers then... less cost, less hassle.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,Jul 19 2007, 07:51 AM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Jul 19 2007, 12:50 AM Wrote:

Scales for rent BTW ;)
[right][snapback]244349[/snapback][/right]

I havent been in a coil over setup that was actually a nice ride. Maybe some here have that, but I doubt it, way to uncomfortable for me.
[right][snapback]244369[/snapback][/right]

my coilovers ride nicer than just springs... but there also dual spring and I know how to set up a car :)
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rims installed willcann 3 1,720 05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Scorcher000