Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Quality
It's reported in leftlane news that Ford is ranked second, according to a research group hired by Ford in reliability of it's 2007 vehicles. Toyota is first, nissan is third
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
BOOOURNS!!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
In Europe :lol:
You should see the quality reports we are getting back on the Edge.

All good news.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Apr 19 2007, 04:33 PM Wrote:You should see the quality reports we are getting back on the Edge.

All good news.
[right][snapback]235571[/snapback][/right]

yeah...thanks to my dad.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Thats in UK, I wish I could say the same about my 05 ST and my 07 ST. Weird as it is my wife's 01 SE has never had a problem
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
meford4u,Apr 19 2007, 03:33 PM Wrote:You should see the quality reports we are getting back on the Edge.

All good news.
[right][snapback]235571[/snapback][/right]

Good to hear, I thought if anything, that Vista Roof was gonna be a troublemaker, the more complex the mechanism, the higher chances it dies horribly :P

NefCanuck
Article:

Ford quality on par with Toyota and Nissan, study says

Dearborn, Michigan - The quality of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles is "virtually equal" to that of Toyota and Nissan, according to a report by Global Quality Research System (GQRS). In the first quarter of 2007, model-year Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brand vehicles were at 1456 TGW (things gone wrong) per 1,000 vehicles, compared with Nissan at 1457 and Toyota at 1453 per 1,000 vehicles. GQRS gathered data from customers who registered new vehicles in the U.S. from September 2006 through November 2006 and owned their cars and trucks for three months; historically, GQRS surveys have tracked J.D. Power studies.

Ford reduced its corporate TGW rate by eight per cent, bettering the overall industry improvement of two per cent. The Ford Fusion and its sister Mercury Milan (not sold in Canada) swept the first two spots for TGW leadership in the midsize car segment, which includes the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. The Milan had the lowest TGW level of any Ford product, at 910, while the Fusion recorded 1066 TGW.

The Ford Shelby GT500 also led in the Sports Car category and the Ford Expedition MAX led in Large Traditional Utility, while the Lincoln Navigator led in both TGW and customer satisfaction for the Large Premium Utility category. The survey did not include the new Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX or F-Series Super Duty.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Leading In Initial Build Quality darkpuppet 8 2,230 08-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Nutella