Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Detector
I know there illegal but do any of you guys have them ? can they be purchased from ebay or will customs keep it ?? I want one just for extra security I rarely speed any more than 10 , 20 over but I already got a over 25 km ticket so cant afford another!

I know it was me being young dumb and stupid but now I am considering a radar detector any info welcome ? :ph34r:
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Apr 16 2007, 07:08 PM Wrote:I know there illegal but do any of you guys have them ? can they be purchased from ebay or will customs keep it ?? I want one just for extra security I rarely speed any more than 10 , 20 over but I already got a over 25 km ticket so cant afford another!

I know it was me being young dumb and stupid but now I am considering a radar detector any info welcome ?  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]235009[/snapback][/right]
Not worth the heat, you get caught with it and it'll make your speeding ticket and insurance increase look minor. Besides, cops use laser half the time now, detection is hit and miss, and by the time they hit you, you're already frakked anyways.

The best way to avoid speeding tickets it to avoid speeding. But you already knew that.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
yeah , I see many videos online when the detector beeps and they have time to slow down.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
You know of course that cops have radar detector detectors. So if you see a cop he already knows you have one.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
zx5power,Apr 16 2007, 07:29 PM Wrote:yeah , I see many videos online when the detector beeps and they have time to slow down.
[right][snapback]235018[/snapback][/right]
I'm not saying the "radar" function doesn't work -- the radar beam is wider. The laser, not so much.

How many videos do you see where the guy gets caught? Probably not too many people post those, but I assure you that it happens.

In the end of course, it's your choice.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I used to have one before it got stolen.. saved me on a lot of tickets. This is when I was young and stupid and invincible.

When I went to Canada i always removed it, even the cords. Didn't even keep it in the trunk. Its just not worth the hassle of getting busted with one.

Now I just drive slower, and haven't had a speeding ticket in *knock on wood* close to 10 years now.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Go turbo and you wont even need to pull over. :ph34r: :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
haha ^ good idea , I should be saying this but where im from is the country and one of my friends took off with a v6 tempo hit the woods and got away lol.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Make me an offer and you can have mine, you'd be surprised how little it would take for me to part with it.

Just email me: prodrive_mays@hotmail.com
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
well I know for a fact Radar/lazer decters are legal, just not in Ontario & New Brunswick.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.