Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting Headers
I want to go with a red contrast for my black focus and I was wondering what paint can I use if at all to paint my FS race header.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
painting headershey i saw the thread on FF.com not too long ago
they guy wanted to paint his headers red as well...read it over it might give u some help

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Feb 9 2007, 10:34 PM Wrote:painting headershey i saw the thread on FF.com not too long ago
they guy wanted to paint his headers red as well...read it over it might give u some help
[right][snapback]226297[/snapback][/right]

Cool thanks mang!
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
Whatever paint you use, make sure when you're finished and decide to start the engine, only run it for a minute or two and then let it rest for about 10. Do that 3-5 times and the paint should stay on forever. At least that's what I've done with my bikes headers and it worked fine.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Powdercoat
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
focusracer,Feb 9 2007, 08:05 PM Wrote:Powdercoat
[right][snapback]226304[/snapback][/right]
or Jetcoat I think its called.

Better than painting, but more pricey.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]