Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should I Do...
Well, as most of you know, my other vehicle is a 1977 Chevrolet Silverado, and it's currently got a worn out 1984 Delco 4ch tapedeck in the dash (twin shaft with digital tuner, and 4ch amp), and blown/partially blown 6x9's in the doors.

I have currently purchased a Ken Harrison KHE100B HU from Year One (twin shaft, OEM lookalike with 4ch amp, rca outputs, aux input for mp3/sat rad/cd players, digital tuner, etc), and I am going to replace my worn out Koss 6x9's that are in the doors with some PowerAcoustik 6x9's. Thing is, my friend has a 6.5" Self-powered SAS bazooka that would fit perfectly behind the passenger seat, and be fairly well hidden, that he wants to sell to me for $50. I am debating if I should buy that from him and hook it up for some added bass and run the door speakers off the deck, or if I should just wire up my other little PowerAcoustik amp that I have to the 6x9's, and power them off the amp instead of the deck.

When I first installed the Koss speakers in the doors, I hooked them upto a receiver from in the house for fun, which put 40watts/ch RMS @ 8ohms and 30amps into each one, and it was loud, and very bass-y for just 6x9's. I wonder if the tube would sound better with lower bass, or make it sound like I have a 2nd pair of 6x9's in the cab.

Either way, I'm only gonna run the Ken Harrison radio, door speakers, and new wiring for all of it, and the amp or tube would be the only add-on I'd use, as I want a small and cheap system for it (using it as my daily driver until summer, and putting the Stang to sleep).

What do you think?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
You could always get truck wedge boxes with 10" subs. I have one still from like 4 years ago and it still rocks.

I used it in my old S-10 and it barely fit. Its more made for a full size truck.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I'm leaning more towards just wiring up my little amp to the 6x9's and calling it a day...

Think that 6x9's with around 80w RMS going to each should sound pretty decent, especially if I use digital sources going to the Ken Harrison radio (mp3 player or sat-rad).

What do you think?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...