Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda Tuning Fi
anyone have experience with steeda and custom FI tuning ot anyone with zetec FI tuning experience from windsor to Tdot for that matter. i dont wanna just go to anyone i need some one with zetec experience. anyone with and info chime in here. lates.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
If you find anyone good, let us know.

In other words, we haven't found anyone yet.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
well that dont help. Randy at FS will do it for alot os US monies.
I didn't think Randy was that bad, especially if you already have an X-Cal2. They just email the tunes to you, you datalog with the X-Cal2 and send back the logs.

I'm not boosted, but this is what I've seen posted ad nauseam on FJ.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Randy and Turbo Tom are pretty much your best bet. Both these guys know the zetec tuning well. Tom may be out of tuning business but i've had nothing but good experiences with Randy.

I still think that steeda could give you a decent FI tune. I know they said they tuned a bunch of Focuses but I don't know of a single one personally or even off any of the focus websites. Still they do churn out allot of stangs, and they got that cool video on their website. Thats gotta count for something.
Meh, Steeda might be okay for parts (If a tad expensive) but I dunno if I'd let them play on my car given their primary focus (pardon the pun) is the Mustang <_<

NefCanuck
Steeda.ca tuned my Car... Hardcore Knows how she moves... ;)
Steeda tuned my messed up JRSC boosted setup.

This is my daily driver so the tune they put on was fairly conservative. It's not the fasted boosted focus but it has been pretty reliable.

I still own and am happy about my boosted focus, unlike the 80% of the FI focus that appear to be up for sale on this board. :iono:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Jan 13 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:I still own and am happy about my boosted focus, unlike the 80% of the FI focus that appear to be up for sale on this board. :iono:
[right][snapback]223198[/snapback][/right]

I'm still really happy with mine to. I just wouldnt mind something rwd, 2 seater, convertible to replace this toy. I wouldnt sell it for any less than what Im asking for. I have no problem keeping the car for another 7 years. Still puts a stupid grin on my face everytime I hit boost!!

big....you can go through diablo and my tuner. They have a good file on boosting focis already. You can thank me for that!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
contact info and possible price. thanks nate.
SHM in woodstock has both experience in Zetecs, and in boost, both on the focus, and the Mustang. They would likely be very adept at getting Xcal-2 or Diablosport tuning done, and done on the rollers too...

Check them out
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
isnt sean one of the hardest guy to get ahold of if your not looking to spend thousands of dollars?
STAY AWAY FROM STEEDA
They blew my motor and then blamed bad gas (sunoco 94)which they asked me to put in.
They have no idea what there doing and are screwing people out of there money.
When I told them that they would have to pay for it, They said "get the f*** out"
I have spoken to my lawyer and will be filing a lawsuit.
While doing research on these jerks, I've be informed that they have blown up alot of mustang motors and have blamed somthing on the car everytime.
I was also informed by a employee of a ford dealer that the tuner (paul) worked at canadian tire (doing oil changes) and was fired for stealing.
Now he's tuning car???

Anyone with a tune from them had better get it checked. A bad tune can still damage an engine over time.

I don't think SHM wants anything to do with the focus anymore .. last time i called them in the summer about parts they said they didn't want to deal with selling focus parts anymore

so as for them tuning a focus, i'm not sure if they would ... but money does make people work, so if your willing to pay, give them a call
Below Average Car Club
bigman,Jan 13 2007, 08:09 PM Wrote:contact info and possible price.  thanks nate.
[right][snapback]223252[/snapback][/right]

Your looking at the cost of a chip, then $160/hour for tuning.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
SHM is over $100/hr just for labour...which is what I think turns a LOT of people away from them. They were able to find some error code for me though one time, and they cleaned some things up in the factory tune...car ran like a swiss watch after that.

Seems that a LOT of tuning shops for Foci are slipping away/bowing out slowly lately...it sometimes feels like Canada is a 3rd world country sometimes when it comes to finding parts or service for the Focus, in terms of aftermarket.

Some of the people on here have had some good luck with DaSilva...

Just trying to offer up some ideas for you, so you don't have to be sending your ECU or something else halfway around the damned world...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...