Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration When Engaging Clutch
Ok since I hit that sign, my car started to vibrate or shake when I engage the clutch when I in first gear. Only happens when I am at a dead stop and engage the clutch while in first gear. Any ideas?
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
SmokeBCBuDZ,Dec 17 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:Ok since I hit that sign, my car started to vibrate or shake when I engage the clutch when I in first gear. Only happens when I am at a dead stop and engage the clutch while in first gear. Any ideas?
[right][snapback]220749[/snapback][/right]

I would say the clutch is on the way out or the throwout bearing is gone
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
As a result of me hitting the sign? Because is wasn't doing it before.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
You could have shaken something up inside the tranny pretty bad or maybe a motor mount is outta whack? I'm sure it could be many things.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
does it do it if your stopped and put the clutch in then put it in any other gear than 1st? .. if so then you could have bent the arm thats attached to the throwout bearing ... and if it only does it while you put it in first .. then you could have messed one of the gears/syncros in the tranny
Below Average Car Club
Hmmm i guess ill know for sure when they take a look at it. But I have been doing a little research and I it may be an engine mount.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vibration In Floor FociS8nt 6 1,871 06-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ZX5