Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Hood
Does anyone know what the name of this hood is with the little air vent?
Here's the pic:

focus hood
Be the change you want to see in this world.
I think that's one of the F2 Focus show cars.. so maybe they make the hood too. Good luck trying to deal with them though, some of our members have had a hard time trying to buy from F2 (also, ZX3tuning is an F2 supplier but I think he's been having the same problems).
Ya thats definately the F2 demo car. I'm not sure if they ever produced that hood for sale tho. Try the F2 website might find some more info there. And as has already been mentioned good luck dealing with them.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

why? do they discriminate against canadians or something?
Its not just us up in canada that have problems, for whatever reason getting things shipped from them can be a pain from the stories i've heard. Ask PerfectSaiyan about his troubles with them. If you're ever on FJ there's many a post on this subject. Its really too bad cuz if i was going to really fix up my focus the F2 kit is what i would put on it, but with the stories i've heard i don't think i'd even bother with them.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

okay....well i've gotten 2 email replies from f2 (ricardo) but that's about it. He told me he actually has 3 of these hoods in stock even though they don't make them anymore.

Now i am wondering.....if you look at the hood again.....do you think i could get that custom made on my OEM hood at some body shop? I think that hood is an OEM hood right or is the air vent actually raised a little?

If anyone know where i might be able to get this air vent custom made on my stock hood, then that'd be great. I won't have to buy a new hood just for that opening and i won't need to paint either.

ok, so how much for that vent hood? + shippin on top of all that + border taxes....
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
he hasn't gotten back to me on that. I'm guessing if i have to buy the whole hood just for the little air vent it's a bit much.

I think a cf hood goes for usually 1k (w/ taxes and shipping / brokerage fees).
So I'm guessing that this hood (which looks basically like stock...same material...but has the air vent) might go for 500.

I really don't know but all i know is i really want a hood like that! Custom made on my stock hood or just buy the whole damn hood from F2.
cornflakes,Dec 1 2006, 10:39 PM Wrote:I think a cf hood goes for usually 1k (w/ taxes and shipping / brokerage fees).
So I'm guessing that this hood (which looks basically like stock...same material...but has the air vent) might go for 500.
[right][snapback]218332[/snapback][/right]

Most companies make aftermarket hoods out of fiberglass.. since it's cheaper and easier to tool than making steel hoods. That, and fiberglass is a lot lighter than steel (and not that much heavier than carbon fiber).

I like how that hood looks like the intake scoop looks flush with the hood.. nice and low profile. I don't think a big scoop looks very good on the Focus, they usually just end up looking really fake and useless..
yeah that's what i mean...this one looks nice and sleek and low profile.....its kinda like the subura legacy hood. Now if only i can figure out how or where to get this custom made?

btw...for all the cars that have vents, scoops ...how do they keep the water out on a rainy day?