Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Front Grille?
Hey would anyone know if the lower grille with the foglights will fit into my focus ... i dont have to foglights and i want them ... if its just a direct bolt in .... what else would i need to make them work ... or could i wire them to my headlights so when i turn on the headlights the foggers come on aswell>? id prefer to have an acutal switch though. - Thanks guys!
yes it will work

talk to NOS2GO4ME, he has done this swap.

IIRC, you need the fog light assembly/grill and the headlight switch out of a car equiped with fogs. i beleive the wiring is already in place, and im not sure about fuses.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
i have a switch with the fog light option if you want, i picked it up last time i was at the wreckers and haven't used it yet.... make an offer :D
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Yeah NOS has done this on his car, and for him all the wiring was there. You can take a look under your car and find a couple unused wiring harnesses around where the fogs would be to make sure.

You just need the grill, fogs, and some kind of switch (ideally you can pick up a used headlight switch fairly cheap since they were the same for almost every model). Everything should be fairly plug and play.
I have the lower grille/fog assembly if you want it

if you want the switch, we can trade it, but youll have to find your own wiring harnesses because I dont want to track back to find them
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Hey man,

The wiring on all 00-04 Foci sedans AFAIK has the harnesses in-place for foglights.

As mentioned elsewhere, you'll need a Focus headlight switch with the foglight "pull-out" function to activate the fogs. Otherwise, if you get a full new lower grille package with the foglights already in place, you're laughing. Unclip the old one, clip in the new one, attach the harnesses to the bulbs... done.

The headlight switch install is easy. A couple of pieces of interior trim have to come off before you get access to the screws for the switch, but they go back on real easy.

As far as Daytime Running Fogs, there's a how-to in the PDFs collection on performing it. the hwo-to is also listed on http://www.ofoc.ca to the best of my knowledge. It's pretty simple... you remove the DRL relay under the hood, rat-tail splice into a straight section of wire that you cut to length and end with spade connectors, connect as described, and you're done.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
hey thank you all!!! as for anyone with the switches n grilles ... i cant make too high of an offer as im broke lol i just started a new job so i dont have much money right now ..... well ever but i can save lol! so if you guys want to let tose go for cheap ..... er ...... then please pm me with a price so we can try to work somting out!! thankyou again you guys are extremly helpful!!! i hope i can help you guys out sometime! -Thanks! :D
Glad the boys are of some help for you!

What goes around comes around!
Thunder47,Nov 7 2006, 09:02 AM Wrote:hey thank you all!!! as for anyone with the switches n grilles ... i cant make too high of an offer as im broke lol i just started a new job so i dont have much money right now ..... well ever but i can save lol!  so if you guys want to let tose go for cheap ..... er ...... then please pm me with a price so we can try to work somting out!! thankyou again you guys are extremly helpful!!!  i hope i can help you guys out sometime!    -Thanks! :D
[right][snapback]214957[/snapback][/right]

junk yards are your friend and i know the switch can be had on ebay if you dont want to go the wrecker route.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Badge For Front Grille cornflakes 16 7,766 11-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  05'+ Focus Front Grille? microbunny 14 4,935 03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  Integra Lower/focus Upper Front Bumper S2 15 5,641 02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Phantom
  Bumber Without Lower Grille. Jaspher 33 8,555 08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Last Post: CheckMyVitals
  Lower Grille Removal ThraxXx 7 2,069 02-12-2005, 12:52 PM