Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Tails
Dunno if anyone has these but i'm sure you've seen em before. They are
the TYC carbon fiber euro tail lights for $119.00 US + s/h.

Here's a link: euro tail lights

just wondering if anyone has pics of these on their focus? I've got a silver sedan and wondering how they would look on it.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Those dont look like euro tails to me, they are north american spec but altezza design. If your looking for REAL euro tails, I suggest you check out rear shots of 2001 ZTS's car, as well as rear of AnthonyD's car.. you can notice a big difference.
My other ride is your Mom
I am wondering why these American spec lights are called "euro"? The only resemblance with euro lights is that they let you have an amber indicator B)
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?
I think Oscar has a very similar set on his car. They don't look bad, and depending on what color your car is those might look ok.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Peterbilt,Oct 23 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:I am wondering why these American spec lights are called "euro"? The only resemblance with euro lights is that they let you have an amber indicator B)
[right][snapback]212984[/snapback][/right]

The whole term makes no sense at all (well I guess the "tail" part does ;) ). They are altezza-style tails, made to mimic the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS300) OEM tails.. I really dont know why they got the "euro" title, since the Altezza was a Japanese car in the first place. I guess it's just something aftermarket companies coined because "euro" usually means quality, etc.. sounds better than "Cheaply made Chinese taillights styled after a Japanese Toyota". :P
me likey these...maybe cause I got'em for $20.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/res...ud/Focus006.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/res...dud/sanding.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/res...tdud/Cam134.jpg
2002 Infra-red ZTS
^^ Painted like that, I think they look really good, especially on a red car. Nice job
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

residentdud,Oct 25 2006, 10:48 PM Wrote:me likey these...maybe cause I got'em for $20.

[Image: Focus006.jpg]

[Image: sanding.jpg]

[Image: Cam134.jpg]
[right][snapback]213399[/snapback][/right]

^^those actually dont look that bad.
My other ride is your Mom
habmann,Oct 25 2006, 11:34 PM Wrote:^^ Painted like that, I think they look really good, especially on a red car. Nice job
[right][snapback]213402[/snapback][/right]

If I could find reasonably-done and reflective tails that were dark enough, I'd likely ditch the tails I have now.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
they're pretty easy to do...just dunk in hot water and the seals come right apart. Then paint.

I sanded mine down to remove the " peaks and valley's"
2002 Infra-red ZTS
Yes I have those tails. They rock. My turn signals blind people.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
cool....can we see some pics????

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Everything is Mis-Labeled anymore, but for a reason. You're average "Tuner" guy in the states usually doesn't know any better, and shops APC or ebay for a lot of stuff.

"Xenon" or "Plazma" light bulbs are almost 99% of the time in fact a standard 9003 or 9004 bulb (or other common bulb) that is just tinted glass on the bulb, and not a Xenon gas-filled bulb like in actual HID's.

Exhaust systems are far too often called "Cat-Back", when in fact they are only an after-cat system like the MBRP or Magnaflow.

Tailights are usually reffered to as "Altezza", "Euro" or "JDM-spec" or some other nonsense, just to differentiate them from the OEM stuff.

All of these name games are just to get newbies fired up about stuff, regardless if what they are purchasing/shopping for is mis-labeled. If it sounds fancy, it must be...sort of mentality...

If I were you, I'd buy the ACTUAL Euro Ford tailights fot your car from ZX3tuning or European-parts.net, as they will actaully fit properly, have the correct connections (or include the needed cables/sockets etc to make them work), and will look clean and NOT cheap like ebay or APC or Bomz type stuff.

Just my advice/thoughts
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
cornflakes,Nov 8 2006, 12:55 AM Wrote:cool....can we see some pics????
[right][snapback]215077[/snapback][/right]

Will do when I get home.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
[Image: car7.jpg]

[Image: Picture010.jpg][/IMG]
I like those lights...
[Image: Focus007.jpg]
2002 Infra-red ZTS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Tails Installed! 02ztsian 15 5,366 07-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Last Post: sonic_mikey
  euro tails need help (hatchback) drunkinmonkey 3 1,902 09-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  Euro Tails...hmmm Slimsride 3 1,789 10-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Last Post: meford4u