Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking At Bra For Hood Of Car
Okay I know this is probably sacriledge and will get me burned at the stake, but after washing and waxing the car this past Saturday I discovered a new batch of stone chips in the leading edge of the hood on my car (another half dozen in total) that I had to fill in with the touchup paint.

At this rate the first quarter of my hood will be touchup paint by next spring...

So I'm looking into getting a bra for the nose of the Focus, anyone have any particular manufacturers they can recommend? Should I just buy one from the stealership?

Any thoughts?

NefCanuck
You can't beat the dealership imo. Unless someone actually makes a 'nicer looking' bra for the Focus, I can't see why you wouldn't go with a dealer purchased item. I've seen many bra's kill cars by leaving debris in behind and rubbing against the paint, ugly sight... :blink: :ph34r: so for that reason, i'd go with whatever the dealer offers. Oh, and from pics i've seen, the bra has a nice FOCUS logo embossed in the passenger side corner (I believe) or maybe it was on OAC's car that I saw it... :unsure: looks pretty good!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
bras are bad for your car,...

get 3M clear guard
microbunny,Sep 18 2006, 10:34 PM Wrote:bras are bad for your car,...

get 3M clear guard
[right][snapback]207592[/snapback][/right]

Good point! Richard has the stuff on his sedan! It's held up pretty well, but if your picky with how it looks... just replace the hood every year because it's a never ending battle and pretty much any 'protector' other than a bug deflector will be able to cause damage.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded

get 3M clear guard
I gotta go along with this PITA. He's right for his once a month time. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
This looks promising....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAGNETIC-CAR-BRA-for-20...3QQcmdZViewItem

I no longer have a metal hood so i'm SOL <_<
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Mine's a dealership one. It fits well, no flapping, and believe it or not it's reasonably priced.

I'm not a fan of car bras by choice, but I put 100k on my car every day round trup to work. I've had stone chips that have literally embedded themselves into the vinyl, and get stopped by the padding. 3M doesn't stop that.

But you do have to take some extra steps, I raise my hood when I wash my car, let it rinse out underneath the hood piece, and I remove the big piece about 3 times a year, wash the underside of the bra with the power washer, wash and paste wax the car before I put it back on.

I've had bras for my Taurus (6 years) Topaz (6 years) and Focus (1.3 years) with ZERO problems. If you drive a lot of highway in the GTA with the sand and pebbles on the road here I still recommend them, even if I don't particularly care for their appearance.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
meford4u,Sep 18 2006, 11:03 PM Wrote:

get 3M clear guard
[right][snapback]207596[/snapback][/right]

If hes once a month....you must be once a year with some of your advice. :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I agree, 3M clear tape. It is'nt that noticable, my car doesn't have any but the chips are not that bad after almost 4 years!
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
Flofocus,Sep 19 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 18 2006, 11:03 PM Wrote:

get 3M clear guard
[right][snapback]207596[/snapback][/right]

If hes once a month....you must be once a year with some of your advice. :P :lol:
[right][snapback]207634[/snapback][/right]
How come you and I are on there ignore list but we can't seem to get along either?

If were going to be a PITA, we should atleast team up.

Join the revolution!

We get along just fine.

Stop whining. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Sep 19 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:We get along just fine.

Stop whining. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]207681[/snapback][/right]
No you stop whining.

hmmmh 3m is the best option i think , Im not sold on that magnetic idea simply because ive seen what happens with magnets and car paint after a while , dirt does sneak under and does rub on the paint and eventually i believe that it will etch the paint , but hey , chips and rust or a little etching ... tough call