Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Pads For Svt Focus
I have just acquired an SVT Focus that will need brake pads soon. This car is a daily driver, so I don't want any exotic brakes that only work well once they have been warmed up. The stock braking performance seems fine too me, although pads with a bit less dust would be a bonus.

Would it be best to stick with the stock Ford pads, or some OEM type replacements (e.g., Wagner) - or are there some other pads that are better?
hawk pads and brembo blanks are a great combination. If you can get them.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
EBC Greenstuff pads are really low-dust and I believe they're meant to operate as daily-driver pads. the Redstuff pads are geared more towards pure performance / track use.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'll second both recommendations.
i have a couple sets of Hawk HPS SVT front pads in stock, if you can get a cut out of your front rotors, the brake job should be pretty cheap...

i have yet to have a complaint with Hawk HPS pads, dust is minimal and the bite in all temps is very strong with no fade on agressive drives. however if you have to wait on Hawk to get your parts..... :rolleyes:
EBC green stuff all the way man , excellent bite nomatter what the temps are , they are still good in the rain and you can get them almost anywhere.
EBC are decent street pads but i have never heard a glowing recommendation from anyone but a street cruiser or someone who cares more about low dust than actual brake bite isn't much of an issue.

I had EBC Greens and Rotors, back when i had stock front brakes, for about 1 month before i pulled them off and tossed them in the garbage with 90+% left in them. after a few hard stops i would have had better luck sticking my foot out the door to try and stop the car. definately not a good "performance" brake pad compared to other options on the market. but they do work better than stock and do not dust a lot...

I had EBC reds in the back when i first converted to rear disc, they found the same trash-can in an even faster amount of time. they were noisy, soft, offered next to no bite at any temp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake Pads And Rotors Raypro 7 2,379 07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: silvermist
  Hawk Brake Pads cornflakes 6 2,484 01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Last Post: naz