Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powersteering Leak
Recurrently there is some noise coming out when I turning at very low speed so I check it out while changing tranny oil. I found that the rubber boot above the cross member is all oilly, just wondering if anyone know how much will it cost to repair?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
had it done under warranty last year, let me look for my W/O

edit:

doesnt say how much the part was and theres only the total labour hours for the whole W/O as i had a few things taken care of.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Thx, does it said how many hrs?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

If it's a return line you can tighten the clamps. if its a pressure line you may have to replace it. If it's the rack you will have to replace it. Either way it will cost between $5.00 and $1000.

Pretty broad question you're asking there..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Focus Is Art,Jun 18 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:Recurrently there is some noise coming out when I turning at very low speed so I check it out while changing tranny oil.  I found that the rubber boot above the cross member is all oilly, just wondering if anyone know how much will it cost to repair?
[right][snapback]193753[/snapback][/right]
Ya if they have to replace the steering rack then your looking at around........$800 give or take a hundred.
dam, my car don't even worth 1k....

I have a leak in mine as well, it's more noticable round winter time, i put some stop leak power steering fluid in there and it lasts a few months before you need to top it up again.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.