Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creaking Noise Over Speed Bumps
Hi guys, so the FRPP suspension kit is installed with a 1.5" drop. Everything is smooth except when I go over speed bumps or hit a huge bump there is a creaking noise coming from the back. I wanted to know what you guys think it could be? My car has a 20mm rear sway bar that comes stock. Do you think the bushings might just need greasing? The brackets for the RSB were loosened for the install. Other things that have come to mind is that maybe something is over-torqued? I have no clue, but I guess it's hard for you guys to solve without hearing it.

Thanks.

--Chad
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
for the creak in the rear, it will be your sway bar, most likely needs to be greased i would assume, mind does it but thats only because it comes with these crazy solid bushings and isnt greasable... only barely does it over bigger speed bumps. i would crawl uneathe, make sure end links are good and tight, make sure sway bar brackets in the middle are tight and check the bolts you removed at each spring perch from when you dropped the rear springs and make sure nothing is loose, sometime stuff isnt quite tight enuff and will loosen off a tad, happened to me my FIRST install time, second set of parts no so much :rolleyes:

hope that helps you

also throw some grease on that 20mm monster haha
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
My 08 had the same noise, though mine was the exhaust hangers.

Spinal could be write to, Try the bushings first and see what happens.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I don't think it's the exhaust hangers. I have CFM Polyurethane ones. They are strong mofos. It's gotta be suspension related since it started happening only after the install. We shall see!

I think you meant Jamie :P
Spinal has an avatar that's similar so I can see the confusion LOL

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Sep 8 2009, 08:28 PM Wrote:I don't think it's the exhaust hangers. I have CFM Polyurethane ones. They are strong mofos. It's gotta be suspension related since it started happening only after the install. We shall see!

I think you meant Jamie :P
Spinal has an avatar that's similar so I can see the confusion LOL
[right][snapback]293942[/snapback][/right]

Yup I ment Jamie... :ph34r:
So how do you like the way your car handles? big improvement I guess.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Hellz yeah, I love taking those on ramps heh.
The drop really exposed my tires though, these stock pieces of crap!

124whp/129wtq
When you put the springs in did you leave a gap between the end of the spring and the stops in the spring pocket?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
a shop did the install of the suspension so he couldnt tell you details of it i would assume.

GFXjamie,Sep 9 2009, 09:40 AM Wrote:a shop did the install of the suspension so he couldnt tell you details of it i would assume.
[right][snapback]293991[/snapback][/right]

Yup, exactly. I don't know if it's my eye, but the rear looks a tad lower than the front. I know the drop in the back was 1.75" compared to 1.5" in the front, but the read was higher than the back at stock. It this normal?

124whp/129wtq
If you've got the poly exhaust hangers that could be the source of the creak. Polyurethane tends to get noisy if not greased well, even exhaust hangers.
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
tetra,Sep 9 2009, 10:04 AM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Sep 9 2009, 09:40 AM Wrote:a shop did the install of the suspension so he couldnt tell you details of it i would assume.
[right][snapback]293991[/snapback][/right]

Yup, exactly. I don't know if it's my eye, but the rear looks a tad lower than the front. I know the drop in the back was 1.75" compared to 1.5" in the front, but the read was higher than the back at stock. It this normal?
[right][snapback]293997[/snapback][/right]

on my car when i did eibach the first time around with the prokit, it was 1.2 front and 1.6 rear, rear looked a lot lower then front did especially with regards to wheel gap so im sure its fine.

as for the exhaust hangers making the noise, i really doubt it only because they dont have all that much movement and would be making noise all the time when you accelerate and get movement in the exhaust. if its just the extension of the suspension over speed bumps etc, then its bound to be something in the rear end like your sway bar

Yup, that's what I think too (and hope).
Those poly bushings are mad strong, they hardly even move lol

124whp/129wtq