Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Well Oiled Machine ... Indeed!
I hope that this is confined to the states - but somehow I doubt it.

JIffy Lube rip off scheme - widespread (spread wide?)
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
holy cow!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Yup this happens everyday like the insider said. This is the main reason I only take my car to a garage where there is a large window I can watch, they allow me to check out the car while they work and they give me my old parts back that they replaced no matter what it may be. If you replace something and charge me for it, I want the old part back. If they say no to any of these requests then I simply go to another garage.

Simple as that. NEVER leave your car at a garage and goto work or something, especially if you've never been there before or and not to be sexest here, you're a woman.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Always check the recipt and parts/fluids changed. Don't leave the premisis without checking.

Also, try and keep a watch on them, try to goto a place that uses a hoist rather than a monkey pit. You can see them empty the fluid when the car is on a hoist.
Yeah Dateline NBC did something on this at Minekie? in a few states and they took the money and did next to squat, one parked the car in the garage, and sent it out 15 minutes later saying it had an oil change, with a tranny flush, and all tires rotated, it never once went up on car lift.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
try do your own work - an oil change is too easy, brakes aren't too bad either. Other than that find a mechanic you trust and only bring your car their shop.
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.