Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Back Orders On Cf Parts Right Now!b
Well for anyone looking for a CF hood right now, let me tell you...ITS A HORRIBLE TIME!!! I can't even count how many manufactures'/dealers I contacted, but right now there is a wide spread carbon fiber shortage (the only explanation I got was from one source that said the US military had bought it all up :ph34r: ). Most places I contacted were back ordered 4-8 weeks on the well known brands, 1 place told me they could make it next week, but after researching them it seems that the hoods aren't true CF or exactly what it was was sketchy at best. I contacted Steeda and they had 2 in stock, so I ordered it up today and am hoping for the best. Why not wait 4-8 weeks? Well because I had an accident last week and my hood is toast. It won't even latch properly and is tied down for safety. I need a replacement ASAP and since insurace is covering the cost of a new hood/paint/labour, I figured I might as well try to make something positive of the situation. Here's a pic of the hood.....
[Image: 411-2110-carbon-fiber-hood.jpg]
The only details I know for sure is that it will not come drilled for windshield spray nozzles (I'll either have to drill the hood or try to rig them up on the plastic shroud at the base of the windshield). Jury is still out on if I should paint the side raised portion of it or leave it all exposed. Let me know your opinions on this.
i wonder why is the military using the CF for?

kevlar vests?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

stock hood = solved probem.:D
don't paint it all, CF Hood on a black car looks good.
'03 Focus SVT
ANTHONYD,May 19 2006, 07:45 PM Wrote:stock hood = solved probem.:D
[right][snapback]188621[/snapback][/right]

Since I have the opportunity to get a brand new CF hood for a substantially lower price than normal, the effort has still been worth it....so far...... ;)
How much did it cost you?. Don't paint it, might get big paint chips on carbon fiber.
The Military (well Air Force) bought it for Prototype planes, new stuff that they will be playing around with :) Not to mention the price in carbon fibre will also most likly go up, so if your looking to get one anytime soon, GET ONE!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
vealzx3,May 20 2006, 01:30 AM Wrote:How much did it cost you?. Don't paint it, might get big paint chips on carbon fiber.
[right][snapback]188647[/snapback][/right]

$599 USD
$599 usd is an alright price. i would like to find a cf hood soon myself since some fool decided to plant thier fat ass on my hood at the hockey rink parking lot.
Hood came into town today, just waiting for it to clear customs. Hopefully they will release it on Monday, then the car goes into the body shop so the rest of the damage can be fixed.
w00t, went and checked out teh hood today. Car goes to the body shop on Monday.