Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat Soak Maybe?
With the warm weather upon us once again lets talk heat soak. With my car first thing when I start it up it is pretty punchy and full of spunk. After driving for a while ( 15mins or so ) I start to lose that feeling and it'll just be kinda sluggish down low and wake up above 4500. I am trying to blame possible heat soak for this since it's a win-win solution ( I get an excuse to buy a CAI ).

Am I misdiagnosing the problem? what else could cause this type of behaviour? I did just put on a 2.25" exhaust and that could be the cause of my lost torque. Who has a CAI and had a problem with heat soak before and did the CAI resolve those problems?

thanks
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
could be the fuel pump...

My 01 did the same thing... winter gas + warm weather = bad news.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Apr 30 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:could be the fuel pump...

My 01 did the same thing... winter gas + warm weather = bad news.
[right][snapback]184222[/snapback][/right]

could be but I don't have any surging or any other fuel pump related issues?
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
i didnt either... the car ended up dying shortly thereafter.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,May 1 2006, 02:52 PM Wrote:i didnt either... the car ended up dying shortly thereafter.
[right][snapback]184322[/snapback][/right]

thanks you made my day! now I have to worry about it dying again. I just had to replace a harness that goes into the alternator.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,May 1 2006, 11:46 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,May 1 2006, 02:52 PM Wrote:i didnt either... the car ended up dying shortly thereafter.
[right][snapback]184322[/snapback][/right]

thanks you made my day! now I have to worry about it dying again. I just had to replace a harness that goes into the alternator.
[right][snapback]184334[/snapback][/right]

alternator harness! that happened to me too... right before i got rid of the old ZX3.

If it hasnt failed by now... i dont think you'll have a problem

Apparently bad gas lead to my fuel pumps demise... My dad filled up the car that day at pioneer.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,May 1 2006, 05:28 PM Wrote:alternator harness! that happened to me too...  right before i got rid of the old ZX3.

If it hasnt failed by now... i dont think you'll have a problem

Apparently bad gas lead to my fuel pumps demise... My dad filled up the car that day at pioneer.
[right][snapback]184349[/snapback][/right]

I used to get gas at pioneer when I first got the focus. I would soon after get a CEL. Never found out what it was though but it went away when I filled up on esso/sunoco. I don't trust those 2nd rate gas stations. I think next time I am in crappy tire I'll pick up a pack of those pills you drop in your tank. On my old car I noticed it helped a lot and it last a while too. I am always kinda cautious when using those types of things cause you might be doing more harm than good :(
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check