Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/c Removal
Is it possible to remove A/C from the car??? I have A/C and Im thinking that it's going to slow me down with my turbo...and plus it take alot of gas when it's on...and I don't use it alot either....

You it make a different's if it was removed?
Turbo arrived!
I dont think it would make a lick of difference on a Focus, even if it is 200hp or not.. especially since your car is ?daily driven? if your car does use gas when the A/C is on, dont use it! I dont have AC in my car and I never need it, I just unroll the windows!

I dont think all the AC components weigh too much, but I dont think it is THAT great of a job if you want to remove it. just remove it whilst installing your Roush turbo!
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Unless you run the car on a track, you're not going to see much of a difference with it gone as opposed to "off".

Keep in ming that our cars seal tighter than old cars, the A/C auotmatically comes on when you have the heat set to defrost to dry the air....you'll notice the difference the first time you have a moist day and have a hard time defrosting the windshield.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 17 2006, 11:34 PM Wrote:Unless you run the car on a track, you're not going to see much of a difference with it gone as opposed to "off".

Keep in ming that our cars seal tighter than old cars, the A/C auotmatically comes on when you have the heat set to defrost to dry the air....you'll notice the difference the first time you have a moist day and have a hard time defrosting the windshield.
[right][snapback]171129[/snapback][/right]

yup it takes a damn long time.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
it helps with room if you want a nicely sized downpipe. besides that, no real reason to remove it.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
If you wanna build funds for your turbo project, I'll buy some of your A/C components, as mine have a leak.

Think about it, let me know :) I'm in Ottawa. PM me if you're down.
You'll need to swap serpentine belts if you remove it or even exclude it entirely. You could always just do that in lieu of removing the entire setup.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Eric, we can probably get away with keeping it in there, as long as Roush designed there kit for AC equipped cars.

If we have problems, we'll rip it out.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 21 2006, 11:48 AM Wrote:Eric, we can probably get away with keeping it in there, as long as Roush designed there kit for AC equipped cars.

If we have problems, we'll rip it out.
[right][snapback]171579[/snapback][/right]

If it's in the way we'll rip it out....

But like I said I never use it...
Turbo arrived!
Good news for me :D

I think it's the condenser that's leaking on mine...
after living with a non AC daily driver for many yrs.. WHY do you want to do that?! one day you will find yourself in traffic on the way to work sweating like crazy wondering WHY WHY WHY did i remove AC..

just a thought :)