Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Tires...
Well, out of curiosity, I went and had tires priced as follows:

Fuzion ZRi, size: 215/45 ZR17....$172.20 each, installed

Bridgestone Potenza RE950, size: 215/45 WR17...$250.60 each installed

Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval, size: 215/45 ZR17...$272.30 each installed

Bridgestone Potenza RE750, size: 215/45 ZR17...$302.40 each installed

These prices are in Canadian funds, and are from OK tire in Pembroke. I am sure there are places that can get these at lower prices, but I just figured I'd post some tires and prices for those of us starting to shop for summer tires already. The Bridgestone Re 050A or Potenza Pole Position S03's are in excess of $350 each.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Check out Goodyear Eacgle F1 GS-D3's and Ventus K-102, and VEntus K-104.
I've been very happy with the Pirelli P Zero Nero's, in 215/45-17 I got this spring.
I've got the all season version, and they're great. I'm running them on a set to Euro Edition SVT wheels.

I'm not so sure I'd go for the pure summer version, since even the all seasons take a little while to get up to temp. on a cold spring/fall morning...
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
I ran yokohama parada spec 2 last season and will never buy a yokohama tire again. this year im trying out the Hankook K102, i've heard its an awesome tire so i will try it, or else a bridgestone.
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
05zx5,Jan 28 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:I ran yokohama parada spec 2 last season and will never buy a yokohama tire again. this year im trying out the Hankook K102, i've heard its an awesome tire so i will try it, or else a bridgestone.
[right][snapback]167390[/snapback][/right]

What is wrong with Yokohama tires? :unsure:
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
I picked up a set of TOYO proxe4's last summer and the reg price was $200/tire.

[Image: proxes4_sm.gif]
great wet and dry tire, cool tread design, and very low noise
Try http://www.tiretrends.com

Canadian company (10 mins from my house) and last time I checked, they had some killer deals on Kumho summer tires.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
yeah Kumho Ecsta 712 is one hell of a tire at bargain basement prices. I haven't had an " expensive " tire since I had a set of Toyo T1-S I am very happy with the less expensive tires that perform just as well or even better!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Jan 29 2006, 07:07 AM Wrote:
05zx5,Jan 28 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:I ran yokohama parada spec 2 last season and will never buy a yokohama tire again. this year im trying out the Hankook K102, i've heard its an awesome tire so i will try it, or else a bridgestone.
[right][snapback]167390[/snapback][/right]

What is wrong with Yokohama tires? :unsure:
[right][snapback]167410[/snapback][/right]

I found they handled like crap in the rain, they wore out completly in one season of use, and they were like riding with no suspension, very hard compound.
Really!!!

I was looking at buying some Yokohama Tires. :huh:
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?

Tires I Just Bought

Great wet and dry traction, and better treadlife than the Kumho's. Only beef people have with them is a slightly soft sidewall, but i've only noticed it once in the past month....
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
yeah those are kick ass tires, heard lots of good things about them, i love hankook products, cheap and good quality and a damn good warranty.
Anybody else have any opinions on tires they have used or heard of?

:unsure:
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer

we suggest and run Falken tires on all of our cars and customer cars...

great tire for the money, have a tire to suit every need and are priced extremely well.

the FK451s are great performance tires
the Ziex512 are solid all-season tires
the ST115s are great crusing tires
the new FK452s are comparable to the 451s in performance but are a much quieter tire and smoother ride.

the Azenis RT615s are hands down the best performance tire on the road and cost 1/2-1/4 what top of the line performance tires from the major 4 makers.
ZX3TUNING,Feb 2 2006, 04:02 AM Wrote:we suggest and run Falken tires on all of our cars and customer cars...

great tire for the money, have a tire to suit every need and are priced extremely well.

the FK451s are great performance tires
the Ziex512 are solid all-season tires
the ST115s are great crusing tires
the new FK452s are comparable to the 451s in performance but are a much quieter tire and smoother ride.

the Azenis RT615s are hands down the best performance tire on the road and cost 1/2-1/4 what top of the line performance tires from the major 4 makers.
[right][snapback]168070[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to add that my 512's really disapoint me in the snow and slush. Other than that they're great for the price!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending