Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egr Valve Stuck..?
what happens when EGR valve stuck??
i thought it was DPFE sensor problem but same stumble hesitation symptom came back..

what happens when EGR valve..

stuck open??

and

stuck closed??

or could this be fuel filter??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Could be fuel filter or a few other things.
Has the car givin u a MIL regarding the EGR valve. Usually if its stuck you get a code right away.

Check PCV valve aswell. Its known to cause a stumble at idle. And follow the hose that goes from the PCV to the rear of the motor. Alotta times the elbow in that hose is collapsed and will cause vacuum related issues.
2000 ZX3
oh that, pcv hose, replaced 2 months ago..
that fixed stalling problem when hard braking..

i found something weird, it could be my intake..
car was stumbling at idle, popped hood and wiggled intake and rpm went normal..

but could be coincident..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have you tried cleaning the intake aswell as the mass airflow sensor?
When was the last time u actually did the fuel filter? lol

If the intake was loose or cracked you moving it could have sealed a small leak. U should inspect it
2000 ZX3
The wiring harness for the MAF could be cracked / bare wires / overstretched as well. That was an issue with the SPI, too. Check the wires right where they run into the MAF sensor itself.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i cleaned maf and intake and didn\t change anything..

maybe i put too much oil treatment after cleaning..
because when i start my car and put hand on intake opening, there is not much suction until i do wot..

or intake base is made out of rubber, instead of metal, that might be aged and torn somewhere through metal clamp..

i gotta try fuel filter too, it is not that expensive, so i m gonna give it a shot..

maf sensor itself might be fine, ford told me maf is reading but weird..
If you got cleaning oil in there it would pull through and burn clean after a day or 2
2000 ZX3
not cleaning oil, treatment oil..
it is sticky gooey stuff you spray onto filter after cleaning..
I think you need to take a step back for a minute. You keep throwing money at your car replacing 1 or 2 pieces at a time attempting to diagnose one of many problems. Maybe, just maybe try taking it in, somewhere and have them find the issue and fix it. It will probably be a bit of coin to have that done but in the end you wont be replacing everything 1 piece at a time. Just a thought. May or may not work for you, just a suggestion.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 3 2009, 07:44 PM Wrote:I think you need to take a step back for a minute.  You keep throwing money at your car replacing 1 or 2 pieces at a time attempting to diagnose one of many problems.  Maybe, just maybe try taking it in, somewhere and have them find the issue and fix it.  It will probably be a bit of coin to have that done but in the end you wont be replacing everything 1 piece at a time.  Just a thought.  May or may not work for you, just a suggestion.
[right][snapback]290584[/snapback][/right]

Well what is the diff if you do it and it costs u a little or you pay them to do the same thing ant itcosts u more.
With out an engine light chase a problem is all you can do.
And out side of talk about normal things that he should be doing anyway or things to look at that wont cost him anything but a little of his time I havnt seen him toss money at anything.
;)
Anyway if your sure the problem got better when you moved the intake around check the hoses off the intake and the tube for damage or cracks. While you have
it off take a good look at the intake manifold, and the hose for the air breather.

Uhhh other then that I cant think of anything eles.
let me know how it looks :lol:
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 4 2009, 12:46 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 3 2009, 07:44 PM Wrote:I think you need to take a step back for a minute.  You keep throwing money at your car replacing 1 or 2 pieces at a time attempting to diagnose one of many problems.  Maybe, just maybe try taking it in, somewhere and have them find the issue and fix it.  It will probably be a bit of coin to have that done but in the end you wont be replacing everything 1 piece at a time.  Just a thought.  May or may not work for you, just a suggestion.
[right][snapback]290584[/snapback][/right]

Well what is the diff if you do it and it costs u a little or you pay them to do the same thing ant itcosts u more.
With out an engine light chase a problem is all you can do.
And out side of talk about normal things that he should be doing anyway or things to look at that wont cost him anything but a little of his time I havnt seen him toss money at anything.
;)
Anyway if your sure the problem got better when you moved the intake around check the hoses off the intake and the tube for damage or cracks. While you have
it off take a good look at the intake manifold, and the hose for the air breather.

Uhhh other then that I cant think of anything eles.
let me know how it looks :lol:
[right][snapback]290593[/snapback][/right]

Well he's already replaced the DPFE which turned out not to be the problem ... and now he's thinking of replacing the EGR. If you buy those two pieces at a Canadian dealer they'll run you 360 bucks with taxes.

OTH - my dealer charges 50 to diagnose a problem (zero if they fix it) and there might be some shops that would do it for a lot less.

I agree - first check those things that only take your time to do it ... but there's also the issue of expertise here (no offense Kona) - and in terms of diagnosing a problem like this there is no amount of time or effort that will replace it.

If it were me, I would have checked everything I knew to check first without replacing components ... and if I couldn't figure it out at that point I wouldn't screw around with it ... I'd pay an expert to tell me what the problem was.

Just my .02 FWIW.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
nope i didn't replace dpfe, i said i did hack on it..using golf tee and shove it in..
and i was thinking egr valve too and used valve cap to keep exhaust coming out because i thought my intake sucks in exhaust..

and i narrowed down to intake leaks..

when i had ford to replace fuel pump assy under recall, they tested and diagnosed already and couldn't find anything..

so i didn't waste my money on anything yet..
Did you check the wires going into the coilpack? Mine were starting to frey and caused some major stumbling for me.

check this out...

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...57&hl=coil+pack
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]