Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apexi Exhaust
Has anyone had any experience with the Apexi Worldsport exhaust for the focus? I heard an audio sample from focusfanatics and it was really really nice. It's not loud and ricey...just really deep and modest.

It also looks like around $500+ cdn according to u.s. websites.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
Spend half and get the MBRP? Thank us later?

Sounds like the MBRP, and if you're within driving distance (and most are), you can arrange to have it installed for you for a decent price, too. Still under $500 CDN at that point.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
MBRP
I have it. I love it. Alot of other guys have it, they all love it. cant beat the price.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
FocusSport is the most mellow exhaust as far as tone goes and is as far away from ricey as it gets

Magnaflow i think have the best sound to them.

Vibrant are the loudest but offer a very unique sound and very throaty.

Apex'i exhaust are a bit over priced. if you can find a shop in canada that will sell you one for around $500, BUY IT!

same goes for the HKS exhausts.

i'm not real big on the MBRP exhaust, there are a few out here including one of our PW cars with the SVT exhaust and full race header and it really droans on the highway. granted the race header doesn't help but the tone difference between the MBRP and others around these parts is not that great IMHO.
The Zetecs sound a bit more aggressive than this, but not any louder:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~teamx/resized/mbrpinside.mpeg
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I love mine. When I do up my new S10 project, I'm probably going to go with them again for a dual catback.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
$500 is a damn good price for that. I've heard they are around $500+USD or so some guy with one on FF said so. I believe there is a sound clip over on FF.com also under the 'FocusFanatics wants your exhaust clips' thread. If I remember correctly it's close to the sound of the MBRP.

Honestly I'd rather have the MBRP, for the price difference you can get some other mods for your car and your getting something with the same quality in the end anyway that sounds almost the same.
bosal is very quiet as well......I have one
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apexi Exhaust cornflakes 11 2,348 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS