Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauge Install
Ive seen the How-To on a Oil But that was Mech... IS thier any deference?

As far as the A/F WHat Wire do i splice my Purple with on the 1st O2 Sensor?

Info would be great, Doing the install tomorrow
Chromey,Oct 7 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:Ive seen the How-To on a Oil But that was Mech... IS thier any deference?

As far as the A/F WHat Wire do i splice my Purple with on the 1st O2 Sensor?

Info would be great, Doing the install tomorrow
[right][snapback]147548[/snapback][/right]

for the O2 sensor you can either hook up to pin 60 at the ecu or probably the white wire at your sensor

for the elec oil temp gauge, you'll need a 1/4" NPT "T" to put in somewhere you can get an oil feed from .. then you should have a sender unit that would screw into the gauge to convert it to an elec. reading for your gauge
Below Average Car Club
This Gauge dosent Need a Oil Feed.

Its a Auto Meter Phantom.
you should have a sender unit that goes from the wire from the gauge to a spot on the engine to pull the pressure reading
Below Average Car Club
Yes the gauge came with a Brass Fitting thats Suppose to Tap into the Block I assume.

The Other howtos say use the Hole under the Distributor, I just wanna make sure that hole will still be the Correct hole for this application
Chromey,Oct 8 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:Yes the gauge came with a Brass Fitting thats Suppose to Tap into the Block I assume.

The Other howtos say use the Hole under the Distributor, I just wanna make sure that hole will still be the Correct hole for this application
[right][snapback]147586[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, you are supposed to use either 1/2" or 3/8" hoses depending on the fitting.
It is essential that you cut all three hoses and put the shorter hose into the A/F meter.

Anyways, you are supposed to cut or tap the wire # 54 for A/F and #50 for oil light/flow feed.
From the T.O. to the B-Lo. (D'Youville)
"Can I be da Joke Pimp?"
THIS IS NOT A OIL PRESSURE GAUGE..........

Its a Oil Temp Gauge, No Oil lines needed.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail...2669&sid=7

Looks like i might have to Weld a Bung into the Oil pan
For the O2:
Theres a black/brown or purple(we are all a form of colour blind I guess) wire comming from your first 02 sensor, thats the one, if you notice after he connector it changes to white splice in after the connector for sake of replacing the o2 in the future.

For the Oil Temp:
I believe the fitting is a 1/8" NPT, but has an adapter on it to a larger size. This should fit right into the opening beside the coil. As I said countless times this is the best spot for it as you got the most room to work with, and it won't interfere with anything. Now huge sender units won't fit (pressure senders) BUT this small temp sensor will fit in NO problem at all. I had this very same fitting installed and had no issues...wrap it well with teflon tape and install. After that follow Autometers instructions. For your aide below in the photo, but the sender unit in where the blue 90 deg is comming out of.
[Image: 572202_55_full.jpg]