Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Regarding Flowmaster Mufflers
Okay I shoved this question in here, if it is in the wrong area I aplogize.

Has anyone had any experience with Flowmaster mufflers on their Focus?

A local paper is running an auction and one of the items up for bid is a stainless steel exhaust system with a Flowmaster muffler & stainless steel exhaust tip with installation included. Retail is $600 on the whole shebang, but there's been so little action on these listings (There are several available) that I'm betting I can score it for half the suggested price.

Any comments/warnings I should know about?

NefCanuck
for half the price you can get an mbrp. and i'm pretty sure you can find a member here to help you install it who has the tools.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
IIRC, the flowmaster exhaust was only 2" rather than 2.25" like every other company.
on a stock car this is fine but once you get to 130fwhp you will need to step up to 2.25"....
ZX3TUNING,Sep 29 2005, 09:07 PM Wrote:IIRC, the flowmaster exhaust was only 2" rather than 2.25" like every other company.
on a stock car this is fine but once you get to 130fwhp you will need to step up to 2.25"....
[right][snapback]145647[/snapback][/right]

Heh, the chances of me getting the car up to 130 fwhp are pretty remote, esp. since its an autotragic and has to be my daily driver too ;)

NefCanuck
You have the sedan, and I have it on good authority from Ed at MBRP that the sedan exhaust fits with a minor chop to the front section of pipe... or something to that effect. That's due to the fact the exhaust manifold is at the rear of the engine.

Actually, come to think of it, it might not need any modifications at all. I might just be having a bad day and my brain's inventing crap on me.

The MBRP has a solid warranty, the sales and support from the crew in Huntsville is top-notch. I must have called and pestered them like 5 times before I bought my exhaust, and they were totally nice and answered all my stupid questions. Repeatedly.

It's worth the drive to... Huntsville. :blink: You can arrange for them to install it for you, it takes about an hour to remove the old one and install the new one. Their rates are quite reasonable. :)

That's my 2 cents, Daniel. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.