Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subs For Zx5
Hey Guys, I know i should of probably posted this in the I.C.E topic, but i think i would get answers faster in here.

My Question is, would this fit in a 2005 ZX5, if not does anyone make them or sell them, because this is exactly what i'm looking for. But for both sides. Due to the fact i have a new baby, and i don't wanna kill all my trunk space with a sub box, I mean i do have to transport strollers around and all that good stuff associated with babies right...

I'm going to assume that the sub in this pic is an 8" am i correct?
i was thinking of making my own, but if i can buy 'em ..bonus.

[Image: SVT_SUBBOX.jpg]

Thanks in advance.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
LOL way to steal the pic right out of my WTB thread. The Answer is yes, this will fit any hatch, but being that I posted the first WTB, I get first dibs on anybody selling one in Ontario. :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Yeah, you can put them on both sides, its really only a matter of depth for the sub. Your gonna have a harder time on the passenger side but, that being said, anything can be custom done,,,only limits are imagination and money...

I've seen people do 2 10"...one on either side...looks good andstill leaves enough room for baby stuff.... ;)
Just remember, a sub like this is formed in, so that it sits into the grooves in the hatch... the passenger's side is much more smooth than the driver's side so there is less room/depth to mount one.....
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Personally..I'd get a single 12" in a custom box and sit it on the driver side...fuk getting the svt box or tryin to jam it all into the corner...you have tons of options to still save space without sticking with one option for a box
That's SVTZX503's hatch, she got it custom made at a local shop. A good audio shop should be able to build you something like that but it wont be all that cheap.. But I must say that's one of the cleanest enclosures I've ever seen.
Raine,Aug 28 2005, 01:23 AM Wrote:LOL way to steal the pic right out of my WTB thread. The Answer is yes, this will fit any hatch, but being that I posted the first WTB, I get first dibs on anybody selling one in Ontario. :P
[right][snapback]136409[/snapback][/right]

Whoops Sorry Raine about the thieving i have done, found the pic and it was easier to post it rather than try to explain it.

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
you really have to take the carpet off of the side to see how much space is there. there is more than enough space for a sub, even the audiophile system takes up any room.

turst me on this, theres a 13" sub on the drivers side in my hatch.

Slimsride, that an 11" sub back there, all custom made with chicken wire, mdf, and fiberglass.

btw, think this is in the wrong fourm.
'03 Focus SVT
Yes it is mine and it is an 11 inch sub.
Here are a couple of picture how it is done.

[Image: GLASSING_THE_SUBBOX.jpg]
This is what you start with. If you can see there is chicken wire in there for strenght.

[Image: SUBOX_1.jpg]
I don't have all the pics but there is a wood frame which forms the shape for the sub and the required space for sound. The finshed produst was cover with vinyl but it can be painted if really work all the bondo to a smooth finsh.
[Image: SVT_SUBBOX_COMPLETE.jpg]

Here is the finshed trunk.It is great and I can still use the hatch space.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
How much more then a Normal Box does that weigh?
Thats ALLOT of bondo my friend.......
Chromey,Aug 28 2005, 07:06 PM Wrote:How much more then a Normal Box does that weigh?
[right][snapback]136527[/snapback][/right]

It should be lighter than most boxes, since fiberglass is a lot lighter than MDF.

How did they mount your box to the hatch? Is it bolted in through the sub hole?
It weighs less than the sub itself and yes it is mount threw the sub hole which means you need to take the sub out to remove the box.

2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
the passenger side will be much tougher to mount a sub because of the filler tube for the gas tank. far less depth.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold