Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Turbo Question
I know this is probably a stupid question, and i'll probably get flamed pretty hard for this

but what would it take to modify this turbo kit.. for the focus

Linky

it doesnt seem like a bad deal for all that stuff.

what would i need to do to get it to fit.

I'm hoping the oil lines are long enough

but otherwise...

i'd need a Manifold

Probably JGS..

Piping. Turbo - intercooler. intercooler - tb

downpipe... custom

injectors.

anything else i'm missing? it seems like a cheap way to start a turbo setup. just throwing ideas out there. i havent done any reasearch on this particular kit. but before i buy one i will certainly look into it.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
It's nice to see we're all getting HP envy of late :P

Instead of adapting the kit, do they offer a Focus package at all?

I started reading their item listing and the grammar killed me. I was afraid to go any further. :blink:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i'm sure these items arent of the highest quality though. but for now i just want something to get a turbo install off the ground.... push 220-250hp. i'm sure with tuning this can be done safley

what would be best 50~55lb injectors
Mustang GT or Mach1 Mafs.

i know i'll probably need to change some fittings. buy a few couplers. but i'm sure with a little time and effort these parts will come in handy.

they even have smaller kits avaliable.

Oil lines. a few couplers, pipes. turbo and intercooler for cheaper. that would probably be my best bet because i wont be using an HONDA B Series manifold. although i'm sure i wouldnt have a problem selling it on toronto civics or whatever.
05 Altima SE-R
50 pound injectors would be overkill.

Stock SVT injectors (I think 32 pounds) are good for up to 250 horsepower. I've got 42 pound injectors, that should be good well through 300 horse.

Not sure about the Mustang MAF. I think the SVT maf is actually bigger than the Mustang GT's.
just get a aerocharger kit to start with .. then with minor mods i'm sure it would fit quite nice in your svt ... and most of the intercooler piping well probably already fit

if need be, you can always swap out the turbo for a differnt make/model
Below Average Car Club
but isnt the mustang gt's maf more suited to 250 hp... from what i heard the svt maf is only good till 215 ~ 220
05 Altima SE-R
nah. the svt maf will take you well beyond that.

the supercharged svt here making 240 to the wheel on a conservative mustang dyno is still running the stock maf. before his motor went south at track day last year, he was very close to 300 wheel horse, same stock maf.
good start off point for sure. You can sell the extras and keep the rest. The turbos seem to be depending on what kind. A few civic here are running the XS Power T25 style turbo and have yet to have problems. Not bad. Plus if it breaks just buy another one and your still cheaper then buying a brand new quality one lol. I been told by alot of the hardcore dodge turbo guys you not likely going to run into any probs with them if in low boost.

The T3's I have heard some issues due to the exahust flange. Some of there turbos use a Vband style witch Im not very familiar with.

The wastegates are supposed to be pretty good . Even tony boom from focal jet said there good. A local guy also uses the rfl style and greddy style bovs to and they been working perfect for him.

for maf just pick up a housing from turbo tom or i even think randy makes them to and use the stock or svtf maf. Its good for about 240hp once in a bigger housing. You can also get the diablo mafia to.

for injectors the biggest i would go with would be 440cc but 310cc would work just as good.

to be honest i am still debating about picking up one of the d16 kits and adapt it to the focus. To be quite honest since I been doing my research it seem like there are quite a bit of these ebay parts/kits out there. There was one guy who had one prob and blew out an oil seal and another guy just got a reducer for the oil line. Thats the only bad stuff I heard so far.
Also about the manifold.

You can go with a Precision manifold since they sell parts seperate.
Toms manifold goes for $500 US
or the JGS witch you mentioned for $249 for a stage 2.

for intercooler again ebay ones i heard good and bad. They go for cheap to.
I picked mine up from http://www.streetimports.com in Ottwawa I beleive for pretty dam cheap. They sell alot of there stuff on ebay to so can get it on sale there :) Plus they got me the size I needed to fit into the euro collectin front. 18x6x2.5
wicked... so my plans arent that far fatched.

oil seal :( that sort of worries me.
05 Altima SE-R
oil lines are not as bad as some think. They can be a huge problem if not done correctly. Kevin (Hardkore) has tought me quite a bit.

the oil seal on the feed. If you pushing to much oil into the turbo you will end up seeing white smoke. You just need to get a reducer. I know this happened to BerinG with his T25 setup.

The oil return. There was a huge wright up on fj about it. Garret reccomends that you use an 45 degree angle for a oil return. I am doing my return in my pan but before hooking it all up im going to turn the engine over manualy and make sure oil comes out.
After getting proper fittings, the oil lines were probably the easiest part of my install.
i'll definatley seek your guys counsel when i;m getting ready for oil lines...

first step is finding some damn insurance.
05 Altima SE-R
Personally I think it would be a complete waste of money to start with that kit.

First of all, it's made for a Civic, so nothing fits. The header won't fit, and that intercooler wont fit.

Sure, for $850 it sounds like a good deal even if you have to throw out the that stuff. But the fact is, that turbo blows, and isn't worth $20. T3/T4's suck, they always have and always will. That's not just old school, it's the retarded kid who sat in the front of class and breathed through his mouth in your old school.

Get yourself a GT28R for $850 and go from there. It'll spool much sooner, and be way more fun to drive. Or, get yourself a T3-60. It's still old school, but at least it's designed for the power you want to make.
Can you please point me where I can buy a GT28R for 850$ CDN. I would seriosly buy one right now.

I have yet to see a GT ball bearing turbo under $1000 us. I wouldnt get that kit off ebay, The one I would get is the T25 kit. Costs about $450 us.

The civic I mentioned that has this turbo. Will saw him again today. He upgraded the FMU, and 440cc injectors. He put the boost up and the thing is running strong.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 14 2005, 04:06 PM Wrote:Can you please point me where I can buy a GT28R for 850$ CDN. I would seriosly buy one right now.

I have yet to see a GT ball bearing turbo under $1000 us. I wouldnt get that kit off ebay, The one I would get is the T25 kit. Costs about $450 us.

The civic I mentioned that has this turbo. Will saw him again today. He upgraded the FMU, and 440cc injectors. He put the boost up and the thing is running strong.
[right][snapback]132623[/snapback][/right]

I meant $850 US.

A T25 would be a better option for you than that thing, if price is an issue.

Did I ever mention I hate T3/T4's?
LOL will scooba if you ever want a turbo let me know. I now got 3 sitting here. Thats just the turbo thow.

T25 a TD05 and a TD04 (smaller version of TD05)

Why do you hate the T3/T4. I would really like a T3 Super 60 but dam are they price.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 14 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:LOL will scooba if you ever want a turbo let me know. I now got 3 sitting here. Thats just the turbo thow.

T25 a TD05 and a TD04 (smaller version of TD05)

Why do you hate the T3/T4. I would really like a T3 Super 60 but dam are they price.
[right][snapback]132655[/snapback][/right]

I think the T3/T4 are bastardized turbos. They weren't designed to be mated, and I think you sacrifice a lot of power potential (vs. a straight T4) to gain just a little spool. I feel that if a T3-60 isn't big enough for you, you should just jump up to a small T4.

I especially hate some of the other stuff often done to them, clipped wheels, etc.
My buddy was trying to tell me about getting a T3/T4 but I never did get what the huge difference was and I will prolly be making the same amount the power with a T3.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming turbo install question(s) MuskokaZX3 6 3,267 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Turbo Install Question Ignited83 6 2,871 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV