Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbocharged Svt Focus
ZX3TUNR,Aug 23 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:DJ is in Red Deer right? Im still thinking about going to him for my turbo.

Quote:Saturday night on the way home, just outside Leduc... was on the highway... gave it some gas in 6th gear to pass a van... suddenly heard some rattling, followed by a cloud of white smoke. Pulled over... she was done.

Good ol shitty ford head gaskets...
[right][snapback]135020[/snapback][/right]

Does DJ have a shop now or something?
wow man, sorry to hear. how much is the engine rebuild gonna cost if you dont mind me asking?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
DJ lives in Calgary. We have a good friend who owns a great shop in Red Deer. Lightspeed Innovations. That's where we do the majority of our work.

The rebuild isn't costing much. Got all the parts I need for $500 with my svtoa discount.

1) piston and ring assembly
2) 3 sets of rings
4) 4 rod end bearings
5) head gasket
6) cam seals
7) head bolts

Labour... we are doing most of it ourselves, so it won't total that much.
are you replacing piston 3? at that point i'd want to replace all of them. Perhaps with something lower compression.
05 Altima SE-R
We are fine with stock compression. We don't even NEED to replace piston number three, but figure we might as well to be safe. It was under a lot of pressure... ;) :D

Those are some sweet numbers though. 240. imagine once its intercooled. Thats exactly what i would be looking for.

Aside from the engine explosion.

What kind of tune were you running

SCT?

where is the mafs located?
05 Altima SE-R
I've got the diablo predator for tuning. Great device!

The MAF is in the cold-air extention tube.

There's plenty more power to be made in this thing - exhaust, head porting, intercooler, recirculating bov. :)
if the mafs is located on the cold air extension tube. wouldnt a bov cause a problem. and the car would be running too rich ?
05 Altima SE-R
that's what the predator is for. it'll be tuned properly for the bov once i get around to getting one... maybe over the winter. heh.
Wouldnt it be easier to have the mafs closer to the TB?
05 Altima SE-R
I'm not really sure how that stuff works... but the tune we are doing reads before the air is compressed.... I'd have to ask my tuner why we went with this setup...
geez if you get an intercooler, and PP, your gonna be making some serious numbers...

but that sucks that it happened...hope everything turns out alright.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Sucks your motor check out...you seem to be taking it pretty well though. I'm looking forward to your new numbers after it's all back together.