Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk Clutches!
FWIW I've used centerforce clutches on every car I've ever modified. I've never had one even so much as slip even after massive abuse.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
is there any disadvantage to running a performance clutch disc/pressure plate on a somewhat stock setup? or is it just best to wait till the time when you need it (power wise)

what are the lightweight flywheels worth?
Below Average Car Club
there is nothing worng with running a performance clutch on a basicly stock setup as long as it's a mild performance clutch! anything to agressive will make the car a horrible drive for what it is.

as for flywheels, i've had the FS 8.5lbs flywheel in my car for almost 4 years now and i don't find it hard to drive and i drive almost 100% city traffic. most aftermarket flywheels on NA cars do not react well with more than a mild/medium clutch or bog issues at launch will result.
with FI cars, it's best not to run a really light flywheel, 8.5lbs is too light for turbos and is iffy on Centrif SC cars but work really well on positive displacement blowers like the JRSC and Powerworks. for Turbo Focus' we suggest the Clutchnet 11lbs flywheel for the zetec and and the clutchnet 13lbs flywheel for the SVT. both of those flywheels are suitable for the NA applications on the Zetec and SVT and will make the car a little more mellow around town.

if you are running a TB and have a light weight flywheel, you can expect throttle responce to be instant, some feel this makes the car tough to drive, you just have to learn how the car reacts to the throttle and it will become second nature! plus the sensation of the car ripping through the rpms makes your spirited drive all that much more fun! ;)