Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superchargers, Turbos?
Okay i want opinions sites to back up there claims and all that on what you guys think are the best kits for Supercharger's and Turbo's.

I know that some good Supercharger kits are:
PowerWorks
ProCharger
VF

Turbo:
Precision
Roush

I want to know which ones you would or have bought and why. I want to know the cost, how hard the install was, websites...pretty much everything i need to or want to know on a kit. Thx for all comments in advance.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
I think the best supercharger kit out there right now is the PowerWorks kit, it gives you some serious power out of the box and is probably the best made s/c kit. I think if your looking for a supercharger kit on a buget the VF kit is going to give you some good bang for buck. Plus you will have room to upgrade to more boost and also an intercooler option comming.

For the turbo kits out there, there are so many.... honestly I haven't done my homework researching which of these kits are best. The Roush kit is a pretty good bang for buck turbo setup and you stay emissions legal :D
If i were to buy a kit right now it would be a face off between the Roush turbo and VF S/C.

Ron I think at McNews posted a crap load of info with the Roush and had the car pulling 209whp and 200tourqe at 7.5 psi. They added some extra shims to the wastegate put it to 10 and now hitting 220whp and this is with the included Roush tune witch Im told is very good.

The VF/Focus Sport kit is also very nice. Even better sicne you can buy it in stages and not go bankrupt right away LOL. Plus its backed by Focus Sport and there all about quality and service.

Install isnt really to bad on s/c and turbos. Just be patient. I did my s/c and I have no experience at all. Give your self a nice weekend. I find the turbos easier since there pretty much all the same. With the s/c they all use different brackety.

Plus The Roush I think is going for $3550 US shipped at Mcnews right now if your a FocalJet member.
I did my install of the Procharger in about 8 hours, it went smoothly. Part of that was that Jason had already stumbled upon and solved some problems initially with the kit(wrong belt, missing pipe) Definately plan for extra time and to be without your car while installing. I had set aside the entire weekend, not planning on doing anything else but work on my car, as well as having backup rides to work for the rest of the week. I was surprised as was most around that I had told I was planning on installing it myself that it went so smoothly. My first choice was probably the Powerworks kit, but couldn't pass up the opportunity for the procharger. Tuning is the big issue with either forms of forced induction. Timmy@bishopsales definately has a good tune for the procharger with diablo, it's working well on my car, and Timmy's.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
hey skifreak. did you get that svt maf?

also we are still waiting for video :P
skifreak69,Jun 29 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:Timmy@bishopsales definately has a good tune for the procharger with diablo, it's working well on my car, and Timmy's.
[right][snapback]118585[/snapback][/right]

while i am NOT knocking timmy or the tune he has, it is by no means ment to be a final tune. it was supplied to get you up and running. in talking with tim this past weekend, his car runs great but recently just failed BC aircare(emmissions test) we are going to get his car onto the wideband and datalogger this weekend to check as i am probably going to be working on his car to make it pass aircare if possible or retune it if i cannot tweak it to pass.

get your LC-1 hooked up and send me the specs.... use the CD manual to setup the datalogging functions and i'll let you know what we can do to clean up the tune if possible.
i really do not like the setup on the Fmax, oh wait, i mean Roush :rolleyes:, turbo kit.
i like the setup and parts better in the precision but i'll sell and install either kit for you! ;)
ZX3TUNR,Jun 29 2005, 10:52 PM Wrote:hey skifreak. did you get that svt maf?

also we are still waiting for video  :P
[right][snapback]118586[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it came yesterday, thanks

ZX3TUNING,Jun 30 2005, 12:08 AM Wrote:
skifreak69,Jun 29 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:Timmy@bishopsales definately has a good tune for the procharger with diablo, it's working well on my car, and Timmy's.
[right][snapback]118585[/snapback][/right]

while i am NOT knocking timmy or the tune he has, it is by no means ment to be a final tune. it was supplied to get you up and running. in talking with tim this past weekend, his car runs great but recently just failed BC aircare(emmissions test) we are going to get his car onto the wideband and datalogger this weekend to check as i am probably going to be working on his car to make it pass aircare if possible or retune it if i cannot tweak it to pass.

get your LC-1 hooked up and send me the specs.... use the CD manual to setup the datalogging functions and i'll let you know what we can do to clean up the tune if possible.
[right][snapback]118593[/snapback][/right]

The LC-1 hopefully will get hooked up this weekend if all goes well. And I know Timmys tune wasn't a final solution, we just need to get the dyno day set and then I can make sure I can make the trip, even if I have to drive all night.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Mitch you never did answer my msg about the FS SC :( Im still drooling over it.
Hey skifreak69, I'm assuming you bought your ProCharger from Bishipsales.com - is that right? (btw.. which model?) And can I ask - how much did you pay for it?
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
he bought it off ebay from zx3tuner...

last i checked they were something like $4000usd retail?!? :huh:
$4200 USD is retail price at CFM and there selling it for the cheapest.

How ever it well cost you more if they do what they did to me. Send wrong belt, missing peices, etc. I prolly put in another $200 to $300 od labour and parts just to make the dam thing bolt on.
for slightly more you can get the powerworks SC and not have to worry about anything, make more power sooner and everywhere....