Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haha Can Tire
that PST excempt is a Catch 22, they are not suppost to offer the excempt on it unless u live in certain areas. and its non transferable, but stores/gas stations give it out anyway, cus if they dont, they know the consumer will go elsewhere and still get it cus the next store knows nothing and so on.
My other ride is your Mom
meford4u,Jun 28 2005, 10:32 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jun 29 2005, 02:17 AM Wrote:Brampton it's been floating round the 79.9 when it's low and at 10 pm usually every night it's been going up to 91.9

A short drive down Kennedy road into Mississagua from the Husky's at the corner of Cortney Park and Kennedy road, to Eglington ave & Kennedy road it's the cheapest 75.9 when it's low to 89.9 when they put it up at night.

But if you want cheaper take me with you to six nations rez ( near Brantford ), and it's 55.9 when it's low, and 69.9 when it's high for regular. I flash my status card and Ontario native gas card and I don't have to pay the mark up on gas they charge non status natives lol...  :lol:

:huh:  I think the Shell station there ( on the rez ) charges 68.9 for the 91 grade when it's cheap, and 78.9 when it's up, again that's with the cards I have, so No Tax on it :lol: .
[right][snapback]118290[/snapback][/right]

You know pointing this out won't make you friends on this board. My brother married a native and receives no benefits because he and I were brought up with the ideals that you get what you make. This is a BS gift from the government that the natives have no claim or right too. What, we fought for your land 300+ years ago and you still want retribution? I just don't understand our governments willingness to handout to those who should get off their ass and make what they need to be happy in life, and this includes the fuktards in Quebec who are constantly receiving more handouts than a priest at communion.

We all pay the same, we all get the same. Fair is fair. i don't want to hear about your forefathers fight against the whiteman. It's over. And my grandparents came over on a boat from England in 1897. They weren't involved. So why should I have to pay?
[right][snapback]118295[/snapback][/right]

I see massive lashbacks over this... I can just see it.

I agree 100% with Meford. Absolutely. A war could roll through here tomorrow if America snaps and what do land treaties do then? They get used as firestarter.

My Dad's family came over just around the same time or a bit earlier than Meford's. There's even a street in Elmira named after my family (Weigel - old spelling). Does this mean my family eradicated any natives from the area? Hardly. They were long gone before they got there.

Natives are just as smart as anyone else. They can choose to keep their heads in the sand, or they can choose to join the rest of the modern world as productive members of society. If they want to live on reservations, fine. Do so without any government aid or handouts, no tax breaks, and no special treatment from the government. This means they're back to traditional healing techniques, no OHIP. They're hunters, farmers, or otherwise self-employed to provide food and shelter - no more welfare or subsidizations.

Suddenly, I don't think that's going over very well.

If they don't have to pay GST... fine. I can accept a 7% break. I don't like it, but I'm living with it. As for the rest of handouts that they get (free post-secondary education, pay for attending high school, completing high school, etc)... it's a crock. Part of my taxes is being used to pay so some native kid attends classes but is barely making an effort to graduate? Great. Another productive member of the workforce.

Same thing for Quebec. If I hear one more time about a "diverse ethnic culture", I'm gonna have padded walls installed in my office. Same thing for separation - you just joined the natives for what you should be receiving from the government, a big ZILCH.

There's too much "equality" these days, and the majority of the "equality" payments comes from the segment that has the most employed citizens and pays the most taxes - the middle class. We're being taxed to death, and if natives can get gas for 55 cents a freaking liter... I've never been more insulted in all my life.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.