Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splash Guard
As I'm researching on different intakes and such for my 05. I read that the 05's don't have a splash guard protecting a CAI intake setup. But yet when I went and looked underneath my car there's this plastic running from the front bumper to just shy of coming to the front of the engine. Above it I can see the bottom half of my filter box the rad and the other goodies under there. I'll take a picture of it later got to dark now to do it. My question lies as such... my understanding from wat I read on focusfanatics and such was that the 05 doesn't have a splash guard. And also on the stock airbox where does the filter sit in the top part or the bottom.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Every 05' Ive seen, including mine, has the splash gaurd...

I've investigated the 05' CAI situation and there are offerings by k&n, AEM, cosworth, FS, and Steeda. There may be more but, these are the ones I've seen. All of them are the long tube style that drops front the front to the bottom behind the bumper except the Steeda unit, which seems to be a short ram style with heatshield!

The splash gaurd is easy to remove and replace..(6 screws)..One thing that will help in looking for SOME 2005 stuff is to check listings for the 03-04 Duratecs in the U.S.

Also, a panel filter will justsit in the airbox like the old foci did and then you screw the airbox together with the filter in place. As far as I can tell, you cant just put a cone filter on...you need a spacer or something, and a spot for the sensor...