Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Done A Euro Hood Lock?
I'm trying to swap out my NA hood release for a euro hood lock....

Any one do this yet?

How do i get the NA one out? Putting the euro one in looks easy!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I installed mine, took a few of my knuckles out in the process though.

It's much easier on a car without AC!!

Theres to bolts on the back of the stocker, and thats it. Just get a ratcheting wrench and some gloves for those knuckles.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jun 19 2005 Wrote:I installed mine, took a few of my knuckles out in the process though.

It's much easier on a car without AC!!

Theres to bolts on the back of the stocker, and thats it.  Just get a ratcheting wrench and some gloves for those knuckles.
[right][snapback]115404[/snapback][/right]

Thanx i got it with alittle help :D

I had to bend the stock lever flat to get it out, because there was no way it was coming out intact.

The euro one just fell into place :D
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I've got it in but the lock is loose and i have to play with it a bit to get it to work........

is there any way to fix this? very frustrating :angry:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Hood Lock Focus man. Focus. 11 3,234 01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001