Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipping An 05'?
No, not for me...

This customer was in today asking about any performance chips out there for the 2.0L Duratec 2005 Focus ZX3. We told him that we couldnt find any info at the time but, we'd get back to him...

anyone know if there are any performance chips available for the new 2005 focus? Also, this ZX3 was automatic...is there even a point in chipping an auto!??

The guy said he wasnt into 'bolt-on' mods and wants to get 'a boost' short of getting random parts or a whole S/C or turbo system...

Any insight/info is appreciated
If a chip is your only mod, the auto is the only one it makes sense in. Mainly for shift firmness. Your going to get a little bit of punch too.... But because of the shift firmness its going to feel like allot more.

focussport I believe has their 05 flash in testing...I got an xcalibrator for sale :D
hardk0re,Jun 9 2005, 08:24 PM Wrote:If a chip is your only mod, the auto is the only one it makes sense in.  Mainly for shift firmness.  Your going to get a little bit of punch too....  But because of the shift firmness its going to feel like allot more.

focussport I believe has their 05 flash in testing...I got an xcalibrator for sale :D
[right][snapback]113590[/snapback][/right]

what is an xcalibrator? and will it work on the 2005 2.0L duratec...?
This is an xcalibrator

http://www.focussport.com/sct_flasher.htm

Yes focussport should have a tune for the 05 duratec soon.(its in testing now)