Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before You Buy A Race Header, Watch!
Video below!

LOL. I got a 4-1 FS race header with FS flex and full Magnaflow exhaust. This baby is loud. Might seem louder on the highway since Im going like 120-150 but thats pretty much how loud it is even at 90-100km. NOTE!!! I have my music blasted with subs and the header is still very loud.

Now Jarrod has a 4-2 header with flex and MBRP exhaust and his is seriouly double the loudness is seems. So louds mine seems quiet.

Normal street driving. Starting off in 1st can be loud but if you can shift it into 3rd and keep it nice a steady you can shut it up pretty quiet. Even in 4th on street driving. How ever as soon as you hit any where over 4g RPM the party starts LOL

I dont regret buying it and I love it but this may help people.

Any way here is the sound/video. May have to right click and Save As.

http://www.xenotecnikz.com/loud_header.wmv
wow, I forgot how slow NA foci's are. :lol: :P

I dont find it that loud actually, but maybe its the video....

Was that with your window down?

.....and...I gotta say it....WTF you doing filming yourself and driving at 150km/hr?????? :ph34r: :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I told you guys it would be very loud

No one listens to me
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
nope both windows were up..

I wasnt really booting it. I was just gradullay pushing down the pedal.
You don't know the meaning of loud i think :D

Go buy a Focus SOHC, put race headers + 2 1/4 flex + magnaflow cat-back + Crane stage 2 cam.

THIS, is loud :D :D :D

:P

<<<Yeah, it's a Duratec. 2.3L. Want to have a go and see who walks and who rides?>>>
Focus ST , Not Stock [Image: vb_angel.gif]
at one point in that video it seemed like the header was in beat with the bass...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
4 illegal things in 1 sec : :ph34r:

1. 160 km/h
2. driving with only one hand
3. screen of the cd player is open
4. LOUD !!!

continue your good work :lol: :P

03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
something's not right.. (maybe just to me).. is that.. how come your car runs at 3.5k rpm at 120km/h in 5th gear...
mine just do about 3.2k rpm at 120km/h in 5th gear... hmmm

well get back to the topic, that's not loud actually, long 4-1 header, no cat, free flow exhaust... what do u expect?

btw. to my knowledge, driving with the cd player screen on isn't illegal as long as it is not playing movie. (that's what a cop told me)

&quot;.....and...I gotta say it....WTF you doing filming yourself and driving at 150km/hr??????&quot;
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
come now jason, i specificly warned you it was going to be loud... your responce was, &quot;meh, i'll just turn up the stereo!&quot; :D ;)

What I wanna know is where did you finally brace the camera for that last bit where you had the camera steadily trained on the speedo when you hit 160?

If you were doing the steering one handed while holding the camera I salute you on the one hand and smack you upside the head with teh other for doing something that dangerous :lol:

NefCanuck
come on im sure we all done it once or twice or still do it lol. As I mature I will realize how dumb idea it was.

No I just let the camera sit there. it wabbled a few times but I got it to finally sit nice and still. It was just a digital camera so its super small.

how ever I always drive one handed. even when im at the drag track its one handed. I think last time I drove with two hands was when I had my auto.

and Mitch I know you said it would be loud but when it starts drowning out my stereo LOL. LOL I love it.

LOL you got to love sask. So flat that you can see every where and no where for the cops to hide. and YAY to radar dectors/jammers. I drove all the way back home going 130-140 and the lady in the red van (crazy alberta driver lol) was going even faster then me.

My car may rev different becuase of the throttle body, maybe? I dunno plus my ecu is messed.
Exhaust too loud, its drowning out the stereo? Not possible, just means you need a bigger stereo :D
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
El Diablo,May 30 2005, 07:29 PM Wrote:You don't know the meaning of loud i think :D

Go buy a Focus SOHC, put race headers + 2 1/4 flex + magnaflow cat-back + Crane stage 2 cam.

THIS, is loud :D  :D  :D

:P
[right][snapback]111576[/snapback][/right]

Where the hell did you find a Crane stage 2 cam?

PLEASE PM ME.

Damn, now I really need that UDP.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
driving with one hand isn't illegal.. its just safer to drive with 2 ;)
ZX3T gone..
Just got my race header on tonight. I like my new dirtbike :lol: , but its not that bad, my stereo can still drown it out.
Damn that's loud, have to add a resonator or 2 to make it half decent so it doesn't drive you nuts, sounds good but way to loud for normal everyday driving
My Mom Says I'm Special
Ya. If you wish for your car not to sound like a honda dont get a race header lol
I had my car with the race header, pre-charger out at the drag strip, and it was one of the loudest out there :lol: But there was a civic there that was louder. We actually raced a couple of times( I got the win both times :D ) My friend was telling me that the people in the stands were like &quot;oh no not these two again&quot; when we went the second time around. So I think I may add a resonator into the mix one day.
3 words....

Magnaflow Highflow Cat!
buy one, weld it into the first section of the exhaust after the flex and it will quite it down a lot.
the magnaflow units flow extremely well and are not expensive so you don't have to worry about loosing power from your race header setup.
If anyone really wants to here loud, how about a interga with no exhaust after the cat with tons of go fast mods and vtec, you have to plug your ears to watch it go down the track. It was at th track here one day, everyone plugged thier ears the car was fast but so loud it made me sick
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fswerks race header , Street legal? adamzx5 9 4,152 07-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Race Header ZX5focused 15 5,478 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dBlast
  Focussport Race Header Zoom 18 5,832 05-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Jays2000ZX3
  Race Header / Flex Progress ZX3TUNR 1 1,403 12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Gee
  Race Header FociS8nt 22 7,188 05-03-2004, 10:13 PM