Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think My Dpfe Went?
Car just feels so blah lately. Even with load its like not at all peppy anymore.
Thinking it could be the DPFE. Could it be anything else?

How to I find out if its the DPFE or do I need to take it to Ford?

Thanks
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:Car just feels so blah lately. Even with load its like not at all peppy anymore.
Thinking it could be the DPFE. Could it be anything else?

How to I find out if its the DPFE or do I need to take it to Ford?

Thanks
[right][snapback]109476[/snapback][/right]

I've noticed the same thing lately...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
[right][snapback]109480[/snapback][/right]

Maybe, when my car started acting up, the CEL didn't come on but it eventually did the day I took it in and it was the DPFE (EGR)......
Check your vaccum lines to Jay....

My car didn't just feel "not too peppy" when my DPFE went.... It just plain ran like s**t.
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
[right][snapback]109480[/snapback][/right]
Mine did.
I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
Depends how big of a leak.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
LOL we wont go there on how big it was.

Any way I fixed it and well try the car again tommorow. I even did a nice fresh oil change to. If it still happens im going to Ford.
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
[right][snapback]109543[/snapback][/right]

An exaust leak is probably one of the worst hp robbing problems.

I'll bet my hat that;s what the problem was!
ANTHONYD,May 18 2005, 09:14 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
[right][snapback]109543[/snapback][/right]

An exaust leak is probably one of the worst hp robbing problems.

I'll bet my hat that;s what the problem was!
[right][snapback]109645[/snapback][/right]

free hat
Dan