Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Cat Back
Does any one have MBRP cat back? How does it fit? How does it sound? I was on there site yesterday and they have a killer deal on it.
Tantrik ZX3,Apr 26 2005, 09:19 AM Wrote:Does any one have MBRP cat back? How does it fit? How does it sound? I was on there site yesterday and they have a killer deal on it.
[right][snapback]104551[/snapback][/right]
alot of people have it
those who do, love it
sounds amazing and it fits perfectly.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Tantrik ZX3,Apr 26 2005, 09:19 AM Wrote:Does any one have MBRP cat back? How does it fit? How does it sound? I was on there site yesterday and they have a killer deal on it.
[right][snapback]104551[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it fits well, although both I and NOS had it installed. Nice good deep tone. Talk with Ed at MBRP in Huntsville and he can hook ya up. He might give ya good deal on install.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
That price is their new selling price. It won't change unless they lower it again voluntarily or they stop selling the exhaust.

I love it... it's smooth, throaty, and adds a timbre to the Focus exhaust you wouldn't know it was capable of. It's a tad "boomy" around 3500, but that's probably a SPI-specific trait.

More importantly, at the Focus' cruising RPM of ~2500 RPM @ 100 KM/H, the exhaust shuts the hell up on the highway and lets you enjoy the ride. When you kick it down to pass someone, both you and they know however :D :ph34r:

The guys at MBRP are top-notch. Oscar TG and I drove to their shop on a Friday and got to enjoy slick installs AND a day off work :) The install took an hour per car, and that's everything - cut the old one, fit the new one, fire it up and check it out. They've also addressed the centering issue that was prevalent in old versions of the exhaust.

At idle, it's not much louder than stock. That's a nice feature when you're camped out at a light with a couple of rice rockets in the vicinity and an eagle-eyed / eared cop looking for someone to help him fill his ticket quota :D

I was actually thinking of making a short video on the way back at lunch today... so I might just do that :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I got it myself, love it completely. Fitment was good but with any catback (larger diameter piping then stock) you'll have to adjust it so you don't get any rattles. Did the install myself, worked really good. Love the sound, haven't had a single problem since the install. All T-304 Stainless construction including the welds which is equivalent to the higher (more 'brand name' systems) out there.

Highly recommended by me.....
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 26 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:More importantly, at the Focus' cruising RPM of ~2500 RPM @ 100 KM/H, the exhaust shuts the hell up on the highway and lets you enjoy the ride. When you kick it down to pass someone, both you and they know however :D :ph34r:

At idle, it's not much louder than stock. That's a nice feature when you're camped out at a light with a couple of rice rockets in the vicinity and an eagle-eyed / eared cop looking for someone to help him fill his ticket quota :D

[right][snapback]104568[/snapback][/right]

Wow.... for the svt thats so not true....

I have 180 sq feet of dynamat in the car. the exhaust is still extremley audible at highway speeds. Its hard to have a conversation.

as for idle...... Ive set off car alarms on idle
Still a great exhaust but it may be a bit loud for some tastes.

I still love mine though :wub:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I've made a short video of it... and I apologize for the tinny sound... took the vid on my digicam, and the picture quality is SO much better than the sound. I'll take another vid on the way home tonight to give you an idea of how loud it is around town.

MBRP Outside

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 26 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:I've made a short video of it... and I apologize for the tinny sound... took the vid on my digicam, and the picture quality is SO much better than the sound. I'll take another vid on the way home tonight to give you an idea of how loud it is around town.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~aweichel/vids/MBRP.wmv
[right][snapback]104654[/snapback][/right]

How do you guys get your video so small in size. Every clip I have is like 40Meg.

I've dowloaded the windows media encoder or whatver it is, but when its done encoding or whatever, its bigger in size.

I have so much video to....cool video..... with sparks and blow off valves. :lol: B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
WME is crap. I use it for benchmarking computers as a measure of performance more than I use it for videos.

I used Windows Movie Maker V2 for that clip, and the other one from a few weeks back. That one was encoded as Video For LAN, 1Mbps, and it retained the capture size of 640x480 for video resolution. The audio is craptastic tho... mono 8bit I think.

For the music video-ish one I did, I rendered it as High Quality Video (NTSC), which was a 720x480 resolution, stereo sound with almost no compression (it was an MP3 anyways) and that was about 9MB for a 2 min clip.

Decided to see how big the whole capture would be... http://home.cogeco.ca/~teamx/MBRPuncut.wmv

My MBRP sounds totally different....
hardk0re,Apr 26 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:My MBRP sounds totally different....
[right][snapback]104715[/snapback][/right]

Yeah so does mine, assuming the clip is off a SPI MBRP..... the Zetec sounds alot different.
Yup, was taken today off my car as I got back from lunch :P

The weather wasn't helping either.

if anyone can get a sound clip from their zetec, it would be awsome :), as i am most likely ordering my mbrp tommoro afternoon :)
Here's a clip I shot inside the car... apologies again for the lack of quality. The initial render was nice and clear @ 640x480, but at 27MB :P

http://teamx.webhop.org/files/mbrpinside.mpg

2001 Focus Zetec, Shorty Headers/Stock Cat/Bosal Flex/MBRP Exhaust

Inside: Inside
Outside: outside

I'm surprised at how similar they sound in the car :o

There's a tangible difference, but they aren't that drastically different.

I think me hearing your clips vs. what I hear in the car is different. But yes both audio clips do sound very similar.
i have one on order ha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obx Or Mbrp Cat-back? flynsqrl 15 4,262 09-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: hardk0re
  New Mbrp Cat-back Installed NOS2Go4Me 21 4,976 03-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck