Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking To Buy Body Kit
The older style WRC kit is pretty nice looking. You could also look at the new RS replica bumpers made by F2, they look really nice.

You have quite a bit of choice as far as lips or bumpers go, I would just stay away from the 'universal' designs, or the adaptions from other cars. No matter how it looks on the Focus, I dont think the R34 belongs on anything other than an R34, Evo kits belong on Evos, etc..
focusonthis_88,Apr 24 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:
S2,Apr 24 2005, 09:50 PM Wrote:STAY AWAY FROM ANY FIBERGLASS KIT!!!!!!
[right][snapback]104179[/snapback][/right]

Why stay away from fibeglass body kit? Because they get damaged easy?
[right][snapback]104206[/snapback][/right]

TONS of reasons. First being they never fit properly, by the time you get a bodyshop to prep it, adjust the kit to fit properly and paint/install, typically it's 1/3 of the total price for the bumper, 2/3 of the total price to actually refitment, prep, paint, install......

Fiberglass is rigid, cracks easily, not great for cold climates, etc, etc. Go look at any MAJOR brand of kit maker on the market, they ALL use poly urethane. Fiberglass kits are the low end of the market, all the cheap crap knockoffs on ebay are fiberglass. Another perfect example, the classic EVO kits (which are so damn oldskool now in the sport compact industry) have also switched from fiberglass to poly urethane.....
My kit = injection moulded plastic........

Seems very tough and durable B)

can't wait for paint!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
So I was going through the end less search of pretty body kits and went and looked the euro ones and found summ stuff that i do enjoy the only problem is mad money and shipping will kill me the most

Rieger R-RX Front Bumper ~ $CA517
Rieger R-RX Front bumper is made of high quality ABS plastic. Its advantage is that ABS plastic will not break as easily as fiber glass and it is still very flexible. The price includes the black mesh grille inserts. The Rieger R-RX bumper is available with or without front indicator mouldings. On North American cars it might be required to trim the front rebar for a propper installation. Bumper fits all Focus models.

Rieger Infinity Side Skirts ~ $CA306
Rieger R-RX side skirts are made of ABS Plastic and are available for all Focus models. Please tell us your model!

Fog Lights for Rieger R-RX Bumper ~ $CA86
Round Micro DE fog lights that will fit into the R-RX bumper.

Rieger R-RX Cup Lip ~ $CA165
The Rieger R-RX Cup Lip fits the R-RX front bumpers and the 2002 front spoiler. Made of ABS plastic. It is recommended to have this items shipped together with your order of R-RX bumper or front spoiler.

European Front Indicators Crystal Clear ~ $CA61
Required for all 1998-Type European bumpers e.g. RS Edition, Rieger or Lumma. The indicators are available in Crystal Clear Chrome and Crystal Clear Black. Additional bulb holders/ sockets required for US cars.

RS Edition Rear Bumper Kit ~ $CA611
Taken from the European Ford accessories program, made of Polyurethane. Available for the hatchback and wagon. Comes with mesh grille and mounting hardware. Rear bumper lights are required, please see lights section. For the installation on an US car it is required or at least recommended to exchange the crash foam and rear rebar with their european versions. Made in Germany, approved by the TÜV.

European Rear Fog Light LHD ~ $CA41
European rear fog light for Focus hatchback. LHD Version (left side).

European Rear Fog Light RHD ~ $CA66
European rear fog light for Focus hatchback. RHD Version (right side).

Total =1853
Gst = 129.71
=1853+129.71
=1982.71 + Shipping

[Image: riegerkit1.jpg]