Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maf Housing Question
I'm switching from my ractive shorty intake to an SVT air box with a k&n air filter......

The guy who sold me the box also sent the MAF housing with it....

Now i was just wondering if i'll have any problems if i switch from my stock ZX3 to the SVT housing, but keep the ZX3 MAF sensor?

Thanx
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
if you put the stock zx3 maf into the svt housing you will be ok. From what I was told it would actually exapnd the electronics of the stock maf a tiny bit. I think. Some one correct me if im wrong.
I dunno, whats the size difference in the SVT MAF Housing vs. Reg. Zetec MAF Housing?

I'd guess that the size is larger, so you'll be passing more air though the tube than the computer thinks.....hence you should be running lean...the computer is probably smart enough to retard the timing when it detects knock (if that condition even occurs).

I think best bet, use the stock housing if you can.....
No you can't unless you reprogram the ECU for that change. Without reprogramming there would be a horrible error in airflow calculations.

THIS may be helpful.
wow good read!

didn't understand it 100%, but got the jist of it.....

thanx for tha info
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting