Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boost
.....there should be a couple more options in the market for people looking for boost!. i Cannot say what just yet, but as soon as it goes public i'll post it here if someone doesn't get the jump on me! ;)

between now and summer time there should be about 4 new boost kits on the market, both new turbos and SCs.
im all ears... B)
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
i'd rather hear "i'm opening my wallet!" :P

another nice thing, both are VERY solid kits!
oh, Powerworks jumped the gun...

Quote:As most of you are aware, in late December Mahle Corporation (Mahle Pistons and Mahle Motorsports) purchased Cosworth Technology, Inc. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for Cosworth Technology, and especially for the PowerWorks group in that you will begin seeing different configurations of kits in the near future that will utilize Mahle components. Because of the complexity of putting the two organizations together I have been tied up with responsibilities associated with this undertaking. Although I’m still pretty wrapped up with those duties, I have begun freeing up time to re-focus on the PowerWorks blowers to continue moving product along. Again, I’m sorry for any inconvenience my absence may have caused, but I will try to make up for my absence in the upcoming months.

With that said, I can now share with you that the California Air Resources Board has granted PowerWorks it’s Executive Order or “EO”, yesterday. What does this mean? It means we can begin shipping product! I know this has been an incredibly long and frustrating process, but we all can be thankful that it is behind us, and we can begin looking forward to the future. I sincerely appreciate all of your patience.

We will be kicking things off this weekend in Los Angeles. FocusSport has been more then gracious to be offering a tuner open house this Sunday, April10th to all its Focus friends. PowerWorks will be in attendance at this event, and I know FocusSport will have 5 units on hand for sale, so come on down, and be one of the first in your neighborhood pushing some high horsepower and torque.

As the weeks progress, distributors will begin coming on-line. You can check on our website for names and numbers of these organizations.

I also want to thank all of you that have sent e-mails in support of our program here. We have been receiving on average of 25 to 30 inquiries weekly; Rodger Olson and myself have been doing our best to respond to each and everyone of them. If you have any further questions you can continue e-mailing us, and I will do my best to quickly respond. (I also have to thank Rodger for doing an outstanding job in my absence.)

In the next couple of weeks I will have final timing on the SVT release dates, so stay tuned. We are also moving rather quickly to release the automatic transmission kit in the near future.

Again, thanks for you patience, and I look forward to getting back on-line in the forums and having some fun.

Harvey Kulka
Marketing
PowerWorks

Automatic transmission kits....

music to my ears.... *ahhhh* boost. Here I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Apr 10 2005, 02:02 AM Wrote:Automatic transmission kits....

music to my ears.... *ahhhh* boost. Here I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]100038[/snapback][/right]

the svt kit should be a monster, I am thinking most likely higher than 250whp with TQ figure deeper into the 200 than any other SC im sure.

Damn and I told myself I would play with roots blower anymore, but I am very very tempted to start saving for this Beautifull designed kit.

now all I want is to see some dyno sheet of it on a svt. With the kit being intercooled, for once upping the boost shouldnt result in mediocre gains... :P
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
:lol: haha, marc, when youre done with that kit... illl probably buy it from you too haha
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
i already have 2 pre-orders for the SVT kits and possibly 5 zetec kits(2 already paid for) sold already.
i'm sure FocusSport is going to get a TON of business from the SoCal SVT guys being that these kits are CARB approved...

the one going on our silver car will not stay stock for long, we will be pushing the limits of this kit on a stock motor before putting in a built motor
And once again, the underdog is left to watch from the sidelines.

I'm not hearing any SPI love here folks!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
poor spi guys lol.

lol i allready got plans on buying another boost kit loldont ask. I got plans ;)
i remember reading even before the focus was released, back in 99, that the SPI would get no love from tuners.
problem with the SPI is there is little to nothing when it comes to internals which makes tuners weary about adding boost even though it is a very stout motor.
i'd love to do work on a SPI but i have yet to have a Local SPI owner with money come to me and say, "i got $5000 to spend, boost my car!"