Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obx Header Install
yes it is OBX and I LOVE IT..lol just gotta keep away from the CEL...the EGR tubing was annoying and frustrating to install but overall its worth it ..and yeah its loud with my MBRP exhaust and FS 2.25 flexpipe but I still like it...only loud when u gun it really..

[Image: 6c0a9391.jpg]
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
[Image: headerandlights002.jpg]
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Nice man... looks awesome! :D
How hard was it to install? How's the quality, and whatdid you pay for it? looks good by the way!
easy to install EXCEPT FOR THE EGR FITTING ON THE HEADER. I paid 120 cdn shipped for it. I got it from a guy on FF and the quality is really good. All the welds were done really well.
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
That's a sweet looking header....
Present: 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
Titanium Grey, MTX, Brullen Exhaust
17" x 7" Enkei Evo 6 (Anthracite) with
Falken Ziex ZE-512

Previous: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3
with Jackson Racing Supercharger
I bought that same header. I got mine on ebay. I have yet to get it installed. I was told that after installing it the SES or Check engine light comes on due to something in the O2 sensor area. I believe it was Adam who was telling me this so I have put this mod off for now. I take it your Check engine light is on as well. Once you figure out how to get past that problem can you let me know what you did and what parts you needed.

thanks
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
You need an O2 cheater sensor, also called a MIL eliminator. I believe Steeda can get them, as well as FocusSport and Focus Central. Stands to reason Mitch can too, then.

Jarrod, I'm lovin that header :D

What type of tubing is that for the header itself? High-temp ceramic on steel?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
pure stainless steel :) only way to go it goes back to chrome color when it cools down but other thanthat when it heats up it goes bronze/copper...

yep adam is right get an 02 cheater mitch(zx3tuning) can get you one for around 20 dollars...just make sure he sends you a wiring diagram :P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
What intake is that? I like....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 21 2005, 02:02 AM Wrote:What intake is that? I like....
[right][snapback]95149[/snapback][/right]

that would be a BMC first one in canada (that i know of) anyone know of anyone else that has one
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
good that u remembered to wipe off the oil on the header after installation, it looks so good now.. haa mine is like black/purple/gold here and there because i forgot to wipe the header off before starting the engine <_<

as for egr fitting on that header, it was actually better than the focussport one (i had one before, it was horrible)

as for o2, my chip did the job for me :D
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
FociS8nt,Mar 20 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:yes it is OBX and I LOVE IT..lol just gotta keep away from the CEL...the EGR tubing was annoying and frustrating to install but overall its worth it ..and yeah its loud with my MBRP exhaust and FS 2.25 flexpipe but I still like it...only loud when u gun it really..

[Image: 6c0a9391.jpg]
[right][snapback]95040[/snapback][/right]

Yup, looks good. I've always thought they looked well made.

How have you found the performance? Up high and down low.

The tubing you have on that metal line on top of the headers? Did you put it on or did it come with the car? If you put it on what type of tubing is it and where can you get it?

[Image: headerandlights002.jpg]
that tubing is the same stuff they use for PCV lines u can pick it up at canadian tire it was to stop the paint from peeling off that line from the heat of the header
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,Mar 21 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:that tubing is the same stuff they use for PCV lines u can pick it up at canadian tire it was to stop the paint from peeling off that line from the heat of the header
[right][snapback]95363[/snapback][/right]

Great, would that be under the plumbing department? Also what diameter did you get?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt Header Kit , Rt Hiflow Cat & Flex Install ! mpcv2000 70 22,041 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: mpcv2000
  Fs Header Install SmokeBCBuDZ 12 4,810 03-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Last Post: SmokeBCBuDZ
  Shorty Header Install... euro 10 4,483 04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Last Post: euro