Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Got The Best Price For Aem Cai's?
Topic title should be self-explanitory...trying to determine who/where has the best price on the AEM CAI for the Zetec in Ontario...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Jan 18 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:Topic title should be self-explanitory...trying to determine who/where has the best price on the AEM CAI for the Zetec in Ontario...
[right][snapback]79413[/snapback][/right]

IM sent for pricing
If your going with the AEM cold air, dont waste your money.

You can pick up a bomz CAI off of ebay for like 1/3 the cost of a AEM. Only thing to do is replace the tiny shitty air filter that comes with the bomz and replace it with a K&N or something along those lines.

Now before everybody chimes in and gives their .02$, we all know that the brackets on the bomz have the potential to snap. Mine haven't yet. Its been on the car for 2.5 years and nothing has happened to it. I did secure it down with some zip ties, so that may have helped it. The AEM is ALSO known to brake at the same place the bomz does. I've seen one AEM snap in person, never seen a bomz one go.

Save your money, go with a bomz. ;)

B)

[Image: DSCF0209.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
one thing i would have to say about that is that the AEM comes with a lifetime warranty ...if it breaks, or the finish goes shitty....whatever...you go into your dealer...BAM replacement right away over the counter...no questions asked...

Flofocus,Jan 18 2005, 02:43 PM Wrote:If your going with the AEM cold air, dont waste your money.

You can pick up a bomz CAI off of ebay for like 1/3 the cost of a AEM.  Only thing to do is replace the tiny shitty air filter that comes with the bomz and replace it with a K&N or something along those lines.

Now before everybody chimes in and gives their .02$, we all know that the brackets on the bomz have the potential to snap.  Mine haven't yet.  Its been on the car for 2.5 years and nothing has happened to it.  I did secure it down with some zip ties, so that may have helped it.  The AEM is ALSO known to brake at the same place the bomz does.  I've seen one AEM snap in person, never seen a bomz one go. 

Save your money, go with a bomz.  ;)

B)

[Image: DSCF0209.jpg]
[right][snapback]79431[/snapback][/right]
save your money and go with turbo, I have had a volant on for 2 years no and Im starting to thing that this piece of plastic is just not doin it anymore.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Focused,Jan 18 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:one thing i would have to say about that is that the AEM comes with a lifetime warranty ...if it breaks, or the finish goes shitty....whatever...you go into your dealer...BAM replacement right away over the counter...no questions asked...
[right][snapback]79448[/snapback][/right]

Hmm are you for real? My AEM logo is kinda melting / sliding off the center where it orginailly was...
Run your car, not your mouth