Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parts From Shm
Well, I'm thinking of buying some parts from SHM next year, and I'm wondering if his pricing is fair on most/all of the items. I want to get the SHM/Dynamic suspension kit without question, but in terms of the other items....SVT Euro dark agent rims, FRPP Short shifter, FRPP intermittent wiper switch, etc...is there anywhere that has these items for less? I'm looking at around $2370 at SHM after conversion to Cdn funds and taxes...

Any advice/suggestions?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
What about steeda or mitch? As long as its not an SHM designed product you should be OK...provided its a good deal...

shawn put the SHM sway bars in the Yellow V6 car and they squeak A LOT!!!
i would suggest the Eibach Pro-system plus or Sportline-system plus as a better option.
depending on the drop, i could put together a nice package on an H&R cupkit and H&R swaybars.
Steeda.ca could probably do a better price on the rims, and wiper switch.
the FRPP shifter is just a B&M shifter
i could do a better price on the FC shifters and there is also the Steeda Tri-ax shifter....

it all depends on what you want.

having never dealt with SHM personally, i'm sure others on here can inform you on their opinions on them.
Well, in terms of a suspension kit, I want a matched setup...and I'm only looking at 1"-1.25" drop...I don't want to slam the car, as the enviroment the car will be used in is way too rough for that. If I can get the Argent rims for less than $200 each, that'd be awesome...leaves me with some cash for something else. I see now that any pricing on euro-parts is lowball pretty much anywhere...figured as much. Well...during my christmas leave I'll have to investigate Mitch's shop some more, as well as Steeda's shop in Milton...heck, I can drive to steeda from my parents place...it's like 45 mins or less.
Convert to CDN? Just call them up in Woodstock, ON.
Drivesthebeast,Nov 28 2004, 05:04 PM Wrote:Well, in terms of a suspension kit, I want a matched setup...and I'm only looking at 1"-1.25" drop...I don't want to slam the car, as the enviroment the car will be used in is way too rough for that.  [right][snapback]71973[/snapback][/right]

if you only want a drop that low then go with the eibach pro-system plus!
the Sportline-system plus or the H&R kit i could put together would also be matched but a much larger drop than you are looking for.

as for the rims, you'd have to call Steeda.ca to know for sure.

i'm looking int more FRPP stuff but i still haven't got my price list back yet for the engine parts! <_<
I haven't heard any good feedback from SHM customers yet. I would check out Mitch or someone else first if I were you..... nothing but bad situations posted over at FF.com about SHM.
I picked up the full suspension kit from SHM... it's the sweatest kit for street use in my opinion.. everything is well balanced with very little compromise in daily driveability.. truly top notch. and struts, shocks, springs and swaybars for $1,000 is a pretty good deal.

Of course, it's just a rebadged dynamic suspension kit.. so if you can find that go for it!

other than that.. I personally am happy with the stuff I bought from SHM.. but I know a few people on this board who aren't quite so happy.

caveat emptor
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I also have the SHM suspension. I have the Intrax springs though. Since they are better suited for my SVT. I have no complaints. Nothing squeaks and it works very well. I also paid 1000 bux for it..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Well, Dark Puppet and Bluetoy...I was there at the meet at SHM/The day you both bought your kits. I woulda done the same if I had the money available that day...

I like how the kit was all matched and complete...that's the way to go in my opinion for daily reliability. Now, I've not looked into Eibach's stuff, but I know the kind of rep their products have...a very good one.

Got a question for Dark....what the heck was Jac Mack at TT talking about when he said that your car drives and brakes like a tank? Must've been told to say something like that, since you already had the suspension kit on it before the show and they had to make it seem like THEY stopped your car from being a tank...lol!

I think I remeber Bluetoy saying his suspension setup had the same results as Focus Fanatic got...rides slightly harsher than a stock SVT with the Dynamic Kit... I wonder if the Eibach or other equivalant suspension systems are similar in performance/feel...

Lovin' the advice everybody! Thx! :D