Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch Up Paint For Rims?
So I was swapping my wheels yesterday and accidentally dropped a lug nut onto one of my summer wheels -- making a small chip in the black enamel. Is there such a thing as wheel touch up paint, or just plain ol' black enamel will do?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Id assume just a plain black enamel would work- Duplicolor DOES make a "wheel paint" in a spraybomb but Im not sure who sells it (Looked at crappy tire before and didnt find it, I was looking into painting my rims before)..maybe someone like Performance Improvements could order it in??
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

I'd contact your Ford dealer, see if they have a colour code for the paint, and have a touch-up made at a local body shop.

Those are black 'Bullitt' rims, right?

You could just use Sharpie... :lol:
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Apr 14 2009, 10:41 PM Wrote:I'd contact your Ford dealer, see if they have a colour code for the paint, and have a touch-up made at a local body shop.

Those are black 'Bullitt' rims, right?

You could just use Sharpie... :lol:
[right][snapback]284953[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking of using a sharpie actually.. but I'll check with the dealership... and yes, they're the black bullet rims..

[Image: DSC00048.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I can ask at Dixie Ford next time I'm by there (I should find this out for my own Bullitts actually :P)

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yellow Touch Up Paint Jmountney1 2 1,446 09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Jmountney1