Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blah To You All!
darkpuppet,Jun 13 2004, 03:02 PM Wrote:I like my focus for that fact, since it's really good at flying under most people's radars.
don't you have a 'sizable' wing bolted on to the back of your car :D

that's gotta get SOME attention ?
naz,Jun 13 2004, 12:05 PM Wrote:don't you have a 'sizable' wing bolted on to the back of your car :D
Sizable damn monsterous is a better word :lol:
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Steves wing doulbes as a table for tailgaters :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Dean good job......

modesty might be an attribute that you could look into thoough......

I will tell you one thing ....If Dean had my schedual in the summer months the last thing on his mind would be too even visit a car show ....let alone put your car in it...Dude some of us simply do not have the time ....no other reasons. Life is about balancing priorities and for some of us car shows are not even on the radar screne.

It might also be helpfull to note that most of us dont actually care how you do in a show if your just gonna spout off about it .....like I said modesty = good
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Jay .. whats happening to you man .... Your so whipped ...

I remember when you made fun of me for going to shows ...

*whhhoooooopppssssshhhhhh*

:lol: :lol:
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
naz,Jun 13 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 13 2004, 03:02 PM Wrote:I like my focus for that fact, since it's really good at flying under most people's radars.
don't you have a 'sizable' wing bolted on to the back of your car :D

that's gotta get SOME attention ?
by 'flying under the radar', I meant a hard deck of 200 ft.

yeah, it's large, and if you tailgait, you save on gas.. but that's the least I could do to give back to the community at large.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

We're all diverse in here to have some folks as show goers and those who just like/hate the Focus. Consider it one of our odd quirks...just as why we own these cars :P

The other aspect of shows isn't about showing off your car when you spent $$$$ on mods. The car is an extension of your personality. Like those who wear the latest from Hugo Boss to those who just do the shirt & tee, the car says a lot about the owner. When you get complimented by your girlfriend/boyfriend/coworkers/family about how good you look, don't you feel a bit happier? Same with a car...you get complimented on your looks...and get a prize. Oooh, some might say; but everyone likes some recognition in their lives.

Congrats on the win Dean!

PS> Here's my new hood ornament :D

<a href='http://www.ofoc.ca/images/mytrophy.jpg'></a>

...BAH...there's a problem with the php...

<a href='http://www.ofoc.ca/images/mytrophy.jpg' target='_blank'>My Hood Ornament
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
DRAGUNFOCUS,Jun 13 2004, 02:31 PM Wrote:Hmmmmmm. lets see.I can bring my car to a show where it's all about who can spend the most money on there car,ummm no.How about a hobbie that takes skill and brain power???Racing?? Sorry, it's a bad day I gotta go race and it might rain and I just thought your comments are a little harsh.Lates, Nik.
Uhm, how is racing any better than going to shows? The faster car wins right? So why don't I throw down a 100g's step into a porche and leave your focus kissing my ass in my dust?

And how does entering shows take no brain power or skill? For the average car guy on this board we do whatever we can on our own, we come up with our own ideas and skills to do whatever we can, look at Dan and his fiberglassing obession! You saying that entering shows takes no skill or brain power is way off base man. If it isn't your cup of tea, just say it isn't don't diss s**t that is different.

Yeah dean could have put it a little more gently, but no need to diss the entire show circuit. yeah its a whore fest for who can buy the best sh1t and best this or that, but it's still fun to look at and dream about. And like I stated above how is any different than racing?

Cars are cars, and just like EVERYTHING in this world the best most often goes to he who has the deepest pockets....
Run your car, not your mouth
I remember when we had this argument but I was in it .....hmmm like 2 weeks ago where were you guys then and some of you guys were on my back, but now some of the guys that posted against me are being hypocritical. :huh:

Whatever.......
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Okay here it is straight up....

Your cars goes and you keep your mouth shut.
Or your cars shows and you keep your mouth shut.

Either way you keep your mouth shut.....period.

Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
DAN DOESNT LIKE THIS POST.
Dean, speaking of $$$$ invested, you should invest in Hooked on Phonics :P. Read your post again Dean and you'll see what I mean :lol:, Anyways, Dean did win 2nd place in his class.
From the T.O. to the B-Lo. (D'Youville)
"Can I be da Joke Pimp?"
Wow that was horrible.

From now on you can maybe bring that cockyness down a couple notches. Since, your car is nothing but a focus with a bodykit.

Thanks.

Ps.. Just for the record.. If they put me in the same class as you last year at darknights, you wouldnt have that trophy you have now. ;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.